Best Coyote Gun ????

Guess it depends on what you plan to do with them. If your just killing them to get rid of them, a higher caliber like a flat shooting .243 or higher if you want. If you want them for pelts or to get mounted, maybe a .22-250 or .224 something like that

I carry a .223 loaded with Federal Premium 55 grain Nosler Ballastic tips or a 12 gauge loaded with #4 buckshot, depending where im hunting, sometimes both. I'll hold the .223 in my hands tho, if a yote is coming in real fast I'll grab the shotgun. More often then not, they sneak in, so its usually a .223 round for them.

How close do you need to get with a 12 gauge in #4 shot? #4 is really small.

I think he's talking about #4 buckshot.

Not a fan of FMJ in hunting situations. Why the choice for you?

I use the FMJ for one reason, got a great deal on 500 rounds ($100). Buddy of mine bought a 22-250 and 500+ rounds with it. They didn't group well in his gun and I can cover my 3 shot group at 100 yards with a dime shooting them. Other than that, I have a 55 grain ballistic tip I will use when these are gone. I also have a 40 grain JHP I use for chucks...and man do they shred them!