The ever requested electronic aid deer hunting thread

Nomad

Absolutely! That's why I'm gonna stick to my WASP BOSS broadheads. The head that failed was not a rage.

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

Any head that's commonly stocked works other wise it wouldn't keep showing up on shelves. Still, you need to be in autopilot. If you're second guessing your stuff then you're not. Over thinking things tends to screw people.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 10/2/2020 at 5:51 PM, chrisw said:

I understand there are different circumstances, and I'm partially playing devil's advocate here also. But there's not a hunter out there that if faced with killing a big buck or a small buck, is choosing the small one. It's just not in our nature. So it's a strange phrase to me, when people downplay big bucks antlers but then find out they've never killed a big one. And BIG is certainly relative to the size you generally kill also. To me big is anything over 120". I will still kill a smaller buck in certain instances, but it's few and far between these days as I enjoy more mature deer now. I don't degrade most people for their deer size choices, I say most because there are a few people I have spoken my peace to. But ultimately, shoot what you're happy with. But I don't know a single hunter who doesn't seem happy with a BIG buck laying in front of them!

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

you're spot on and it's a good conversation. I still believe targeting and desiring larger bucks and being happy at the end of the season with smaller ones or heck even meat in the freezer is more normal than you think. 

You're also spot on with size and trophy being relative. A public land deer means more, an archery buck means more a spot and stalk means more (to me). It's all relative. To this day one of the most special deer I ever killed was a doe from a climber on public land in Mississippi. I was brand new to the area and after hunting for years on stands my dad and grandpa put in and scouted and all I had to do was sit and shoot... it just meant so much to do it all on my own. At the end of the day, we all hunt for various reasons and at the end of the day we're all going to shoot the bigger buck... except maybe wolc. :)

Edited by Belo
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Does using your phones selfie camera to look behind you without turning around like a mirror count as cheating? Asking for a friend

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

buy a bicycle mirror?