Best cloth to wipe down guns?

jimbo91

So I have been cleaning guns for awhile now, and I am always running into the same problem. Every single type of cloth I use leaves behind lint or other residue. What do you guys use? Are there any types of material out there that clean lubricate and do not leave any unwanted residue behind?

Alright sweet guys thats easy enough, what about solvent? I ues hoppes, and always have. I dont like the texture of the guns the hoppes leaves behind, and deer cant like the smell, as its usually overwhelming to me. Anything better out there?

Outers makes a decent bore cleaner thats odorless. Never used it,so can't really comment as to how good it is.Sure others will chime in here with more exp on the matter. I use Hoppes forever,not one here to worry about weapons odor. I know there are other non odor brands out there that have great reviews though. I myself would like to try a foaming bore spray to see if I can really see a difference between Hoppes and it.

I've got 2 daughters who are now 10 & 13.... I've got an endless supply of "one-sies", old socks and underware that are used as rags for all kinds of work (most are either close to or are 100% cotton).

Just last week I carried a brake caliaper into the parts store in a nice light-blue one-sie and got razzed pretty bad by the gal behind the counter.