I have bought my licenses online since they turned on the system.
This is the first year I've had any problems....
Went to logon shortly after Aug 1st, and the system wouldn't accept my logon, so I ended up calling the toll-free number to get things reset (quick and easy, and was logged into the system before hanging up the phone). Agent on the line said as long as you're on the phone, she could go ahead and do my order - so we did. First time around, she said I was selected for 2 DMP's for 8J. She entered my credit card #, and said "Hmm that's weird, it kicked me out of the system."
She got logged back in and it didn't show that my transaction went through, so she did it again - said she did the same tags / privileges and this time the credit card went through.
Got 2 separate email receipts - 1 showing 2 DMPs, the 2nd showing 1. So I went on-line and checked, and sure enough only had 1 listed. Used the "contact us" link to submit a request to have someone contact me. A day or so later, saw that there were 2 credit card charges, so called the toll-free number.
After 30-40 minutes on the phone, there was no resolution - "If you would have called back immediately, we could have refunded one of the charges, but now the State has to do it. ". "Can't help you with the 2nd DMP, it wasn't requested by the agent.". "We'll contact the state, and someone will contact you... Typical BS from a 3rd party call-center that isn't authorized to do much.
When my tags came in the mail, there was a (518) area code # listed to contact regarding any licensing issues. Called it, and got ahold of someone; just by the way he answered the phone and conducted himself, he wasn't a customer service representative - but wow, within 10 minutes (including transferring me to someone in accounting) he had things straightened out. A few hours later, the system showed a "DMP Correction Tag #2" and within 2 days, I was refunded the second charge.