My New Encore Whitetail Extreme

• 4 weeks later...

I ordered my scope today. I was slightly bummed that I couldnt get it in matte silver to match the stainless, but figure it will look fine in matte black. I got a good deal on the Vortex Viper HS 2.5-10x44 with their V-Plex reticle (http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/vortex-viper-hs-2-5-10x44-riflescope-with-v-plex-moa-reticle). I also picked up the corresponding set of Butler Creek flip up caps for it. Once it comes in, I will figure out what height rings to get. I am going to go with the Leupold Dovetail rings and bases so that there is no question on how solid the scope mount is.

Does that barrel already have a scope base on it? It looks like it does. I don't think Leupold dovetail rings would work with that type of base. I don't think Leupold even makes dovetail bases to fit right onto a barrel. Not 100% sure what Leupold has for this T/C rifle, but I am quite sure that dovetail rings would not fit on the type of base that appears to be on this barrel. T/C does sell it's own rings which are quite good. I wouldn't hesitate to get them.

• 3 weeks later...