2 Questions

DirtTime

During this mornings hunt the wind shifted on me, so I decided to move from where I was to reset for the wind.

In doing so I jumped 3 deer in the same place I jumped a buck in yesterday. After looking around a bit I found a fresh scrape in the middle of a hiking trail. I decided to set up a brush blind away from the trail over looking a deer trail about 50 yards away.

Question #1:

Would you leave the brush blind to settle for a few days or hunt it the next day?

Question #2:

WTF scat is this?

It looks like something was eating whole pine cones and crapping them back out.

whatpoopisit.jpg.7eca327598ee0d4aa71ab7d87529ff58.jpg

16 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

I'd hunt it right away while it's hot. The blind not the poop. 

So you're saying not to ruin a perfectly good carbon arrow and broadhead by shooting the poop? Roger That!

I though bear as well, but most bear scat I've come across looks like piled mush. If it is bear, there's either a lot of them, or that bear shits a lot! I came across at least 10 piles like the one in the pic. And it's/they are roaming the suburbs of Voorheesville.

I wasn't planning to hunt tomorrow, I have a crap load of things to get done. My frikin' lawn needs to be mowed among them, it's November for cripes sake. I guess I'll squeeze in a couple hours in the AM.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DirtTime said:

So you're saying not to ruin a perfectly good carbon arrow and broadhead by shooting the poop? Roger That!

I though bear as well, but most bear scat I've come across looks like piled mush. If it is bear, there's either a lot of them, or that bear shits a lot! I came across at least 10 piles like the one in the pic. And it's/they are roaming the suburbs of Voorheesville.

I wasn't planning to hunt tomorrow, I have a crap load of things to get done. My frikin' lawn needs to be mowed among them, it's November for cripes sake. I guess I'll squeeze in a couple hours in the AM.

The lawn will be covered in snow soon and you won't ever see it.  Hunting season goes by too quick. No one ever mounted lawn clippings on the wall or put them in their freezer. (Except maybe Biz)

Good luck . I would hunt that spot right away while it's being used. Ive moved a stand late season a couple years ago and shot two deer out of it in the last week of bow. 

Dunno bout the scat. We have zero bears around here. Seen it in the Dacks a few times but not with pine cones. Maybe someone was out there without toliet paper and used those. Ouch. Lol

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

The lawn will be covered in snow soon and you won't ever see it.  Hunting season goes by too quick. No one ever mounted lawn clippings on the wall or put them in their freezer. (Except maybe Biz)

Good luck . I would hunt that spot right away whole it's being used. Ive moved a stand late season a couple years ago and shot two deer out of it in the last week of bow. 

Dunno bout the scat. We have zero bears around here. Seen it in the Dacks a few times but not with pine cones. Maybe someone was out there without toliet paper and used those. Ouch. Lol

Um, I've been putting the lawn of for weeks now. If I don't mow it I'll be sending you a PM because I'll need a place to live.

Biz has a separate freezer for grass, he just doesn't want to tell anyone.

4 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

If the wind is right for you, I’d hunt that for your couple of AM free hours . Hoping to see a pic of your hands on a bear by lunch time tomorrow!

OOF! Sounds like fun, dragging a bear out alone. LOL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1