from DEC Good news

bubba

Bubba didnt write the original post, it was released by the DEC.

Is thier a link because this does not sound right if that guy was shot during late season how come he is not part of the statistic? The post states no one was killed except during reg rifle, yet this guy was killed during late season... Am I missing something, and no I am not trying to be sarcastic just trying to find the facts. It says this was the safest season and no person was killed except during rifle season, yet that post with my link shows this guy was killed during late season, again I am just trying to find out the facts...

In the 2011 hunting seasons, 26 personal injury hunting-related shooting incidents were reported, including four fatalities. All of the fatalities occurred during the regular deer season, one of which was self-inflicted.

Again are they missing something? This guy died during late season muzzloader, yet the dec says

"In the 2011 hunting seasons, 26 personal injury hunting-related shooting incidents were reported, including four fatalities. All of the fatalities occurred during the regular deer season, one of which was self-inflicted."

Are they missing this guy, 49 year old Paul Hatch of Russell. http://www.myabc50.com/news/local/story/Manslaugther-charge-in-fatal-hunting-accident/rSODjG_1-Uu9_iuUtn9cOQ.cspx

This is one area where I am hoping to make a difference. After I finish the H/S Instructor course With all the firearms restrictions in New York and elsewhere I am hoping to prove that we New Yorkers are responsible hunters and gun owners. Fighting the good fight means proving that we are intelligent and law abiding. I still think we can do that. We do not need Government thinking for us, and we have to show them that.

Edited by SergeantMac

Some of the statistics the DEC uses are confusing . There was an accident where a gun went off inside a vehicle while being unloaded striking another individual but wasn't considered a hunting accident .

I believe one that was discussed on here was when a young man shot a deer . He and a friend were dragging the deer . The guy leaned his shotgun against a stump . The gun slid off killing the guy . It wasn't listed as a hunting accident because they weren't actually hunting at the time .

What about guys falling from treestands and dying . Hunting accident ? Probably not per the DEC .

You can prove almost anything with statistics , if you use the right numbers !

• Like 1