Crazy Gun Laws

I live in NY and work in CT as this is not bad enough I do hunt/shoot in both states... the crazy regulations about high capacity magazine are driving me nuts. You know the time you spend on the range setting up and such, then if you in NY you spend more time reloading mags than actually shooting. In CT you can load up on 30 round mags and have more fun. Here is the kicker: if I go to the range in CT I can have/posses high capacity rounds mags, the moment I go back home I'm an instant felon. Same with pistols, 10 rounds max in NY, no limits in CT.

Isn't there any federal law regulating this? I do take the right mags to the right state except when I shoot in CT and leave NY for the entire 5 miles until I leave NY I'm breaking the law (I guess). This just doesn't make any sense to me...Anyone else have similar experience?

Thanks Guys

i think some of the laws and regulations on certain things here are a bit wacky at times, yes... i dont get the whole 10 round clip thing personally. But i do believe that if you possess a 30 round mag in NY and get caught id assume you can get in trouble for that. I wish with the proper back ground checks and what not we can carry all over NYS, thats just my opinion. NY is alittle funny when it comes to guns, depending where in NY you live i guess?

u gotta Ono some one outta state and have them drive it to u u can't have it shipped cuz of the laws dnt mean u can't own one

You can own anything you want, just don't get caught. The law specifically states that you can't possess any detachable magazines made after September 1994 that hold more than 10 rounds.