Shooting The T/C Impact

88GW

First time out with it and did pretty well, actually first time ever shooting a ML. Loaded nicely with black harvester crush ribs, 260 gr. scorpion gold pt,3-50 grain pellets of pyrodex and CCI 209 m primers. I attached a photo of a 100yd 3 shot group.

post-1550-0-23838800-1330010022_thumb.jp

I have the TC 3-9 x 40 that I bought online from Dick's. $59.99 with TC scope rings and mounts. For that price I was willing to try it out. Seems to be pretty good, time will tell.

I have 2 friends that had T/C scopes that foged up after one season of hunting. sent back and got dif scopes.

Just shot 3 pellets, no loose powder. May try 2 pellets next time. Hope the scope holds up, if not the bases and rings can be re-used and I'll mount another scope. I have a TC pistol scope on my .308 handgun and it is holding up, but the msrp on it is around 400 bucks not 60 like this one I mounted on the Impact. Only time will tell I guess.

If your going to stick to pellets, I would drop down to two as long as your groups are good.With the $$$$ of pellets you would be doing yourself a favor with 2 rather then 3.

I have not tried the scorpian PT but lots of folks like them . I have so many deep curls an Xtps I am good for awhile now.

Did you buy direct from Harvester?

Sbuff

I did buy directly from Harvester. I am not sure if I want to drop down to two pellets since I will lose about 700 ft lbs of energy, this is the difference between a .243 and .308 which I have successfully harvested deer with both calibers. I know 2 pellets and probably 1 pellet will kill a deer with a well placed shot. I would just rather have the extra energy upon impact. In my mind more energy at impact means more trauma.

Edited by 88GW

I would have never guessed that.150gr of pellets would be about 120gr of loose if I am thinking correct.When I shoot pellets its only two , but I am shooting 300gr to 460gr bullets.

Check out Graf and Sons, most times they are cheaper then Harvester with shipping and all.

Edited by sbuff