Kimber Hunter - Want to By One

phade

I'm looking for a Kimber Hunter in a .243; like anything else in this market you just can't find them. I see one "realtree" model on g-broker which has their camo stock, but cannot find any locally either in the normal stainless/FDE stock. Sportsmans can't even order the .243 because they only warehouse in three calibers and that is not one of them. I haven't reached out to Kimber yet, but I will this week. Would assume I'd be able to at least find one on the market.

If you see one floating around, let me know. Might also consider the .257 Roberts they offer, but I'd like to stick with the .243 due to ammo selection and likely gearing up for reloading.

• Like 1

The Kimber Hunter is a great value for the money.  Other than the stock, it is exactly the same rifle as the 84M in stainless.  There are other options for the Hunter that are more expensive, but the base rifle is an all weather, all purpose rifle that will do what a light rifle should do and last a couple of lifetimes.

Kimber seems to be concentrating on their handguns these days and not offering as many options in their rifles as they used to.  Many of the chamberings available in the past have been discontinued.  The .243 should be relatively easy to locate though.  Have you contacted a Kimber dealer near you to see if they can order one for you?

On 3/7/2021 at 7:08 AM, Grouse said:

The Kimber Hunter is a great value for the money.  Other than the stock, it is exactly the same rifle as the 84M in stainless.  There are other options for the Hunter that are more expensive, but the base rifle is an all weather, all purpose rifle that will do what a light rifle should do and last a couple of lifetimes.

Kimber seems to be concentrating on their handguns these days and not offering as many options in their rifles as they used to.  Many of the chamberings available in the past have been discontinued.  The .243 should be relatively easy to locate though.  Have you contacted a Kimber dealer near you to see if they can order one for you?

I have reached out to a few but none of them can promise anything or even by when. I see a few on the marketplace type sites and may go that route. Just not a fan of buying and not being able to inspect and see for myself before buying. 

I know you said 243 but here is a 6.5 creedmore at a BassPro Shop.  Looks like a good price but fuggly looking. :)

https://www.gunsinternational.com/guns-for-sale-online/rifles/kimber-rifles/kimber-84m-hunter-6-5-creedmoor.cfm?gun_id=101604545

IIRC correctly they'll ship them to a local store for your viewing pleasure with a deposit? 

Edited by Lawdwaz
  • Like 1

On 3/9/2021 at 9:36 PM, Lawdwaz said:

I know you said 243 but here is a 6.5 creedmore at a BassPro Shop.  Looks like a good price but fuggly looking. :)

https://www.gunsinternational.com/guns-for-sale-online/rifles/kimber-rifles/kimber-84m-hunter-6-5-creedmoor.cfm?gun_id=101604545

IIRC correctly they'll ship them to a local store for your viewing pleasure with a deposit? 

I like the tan stocks. Better than black. Those are pretty lightweight rifles. Ive been considering one for myself, also in .243. 

• 2 months later...

We had one in a banquet. The polymer trigger guard bothers me way more than it should. Without doubt it was a nice rifle though. I'll keep an eye out. Just called a contact out here and none available. No idea what might become available.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Due to the lack of reasonable sourcing, I ended up going with a Weatherby Vanguard .243 for now, keeping my CVA Scout in .243 as my lightweight option.

I'll likely still be on the lookout for a Kimber but it'll be after this coming season. No way I could talk the wife into another piece LOL. Supply and demand be what it is. I'm not a fan of picking something up just prior to the season and I'm unable to get to the range but maybe a handful (3-5) of times each summer, so I wanted all summer to get to know my dance partner.

• Like 1

Due to the lack of reasonable sourcing, I ended up going with a Weatherby Vanguard .243 for now, keeping my CVA Scout in .243 as my lightweight option.
I'll likely still be on the lookout for a Kimber but it'll be after this coming season. No way I could talk the wife into another piece LOL. Supply and demand be what it is. I'm not a fan of picking something up just prior to the season and I'm unable to get to the range but maybe a handful (3-5) of times each summer, so I wanted all summer to get to know my dance partner.

19fc0ee3d5d952de102a43f0a873f8f5.jpg

I bring the same gun to WNY when I hunt rifle country in 9J

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro