New strings are on!

BowmanMike

I got my bow back from the shop and shot my first arrows in three months there while we were trying to get the peep set correctly. I went with red/black strings for my black bow,it looks pretty snazzy. I will post a picture later.

I have been getting very itchy to shoot,and now i can. Time to start practicing.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I also have green and black for my daughters other softball team lolb1bebf092f42993042982e0828e64c77.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I took the green and black strings off mine. They were pretty faded and needed replacing anyway.

I do like the look of your bow!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I sold that one, selling the red and black one too, looking for a new hunting bow this summer

i just got my bow set up well last summer. I was dealing with a bow shop owner that knew less than me which isnt much. He forced the wrong mods onto my Cams and broke a screw off inside the cam. I had to get new ones and the right mods. So i will be sticking with my 2016 halon x for a while. I do like that bow a lot,so i think it will be years before i go for a new one. And then it probably will be a used one anyway.

46 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

i just got my bow set up well last summer. I was dealing with a bow shop owner that knew less than me which isnt much. He forced the wrong mods onto my Cams and broke a screw off inside the cam. I had to get new ones and the right mods. So i will be sticking with my 2016 halon x for a while. I do like that bow a lot,so i think it will be years before i go for a new one. And then it probably will be a used one anyway.

I always buy used from archery talk and have never gotten a lemon

2 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I always buy used from archery talk and have never gotten a lemon

That's where i got this halon x. I was a little nervous at first since that was my first internet deal but it turned out great. I like paying half price for a fairly new bow.

• Like 2

That's where i got this halon x. I was a little nervous at first since that was my first internet deal but it turned out great. I like paying half price for a fairly new bow.

I just
Cannot bring myself to spend $1k on a new bow that you can barely give away three years later

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I just
Cannot bring myself to spend $1k on a new bow that you can barely give away three years later

My sentiments exactly. 1k or more is not a small amount of change for something that needs maintenance,i.e. strings every other year or more often even. I am not chasing speed anyway,so i am good with upgrading every 5 years or so.

I just

I have an elite answer I couldn't even give away....think it was listed here for 150.00
Granted it's target red...but the bow is a shooter. I plan on stripping it down this weekend and getting it anodized black, putting on new strings and cables and setting of the hha slider I have. Just funny how much they drop in price once they leave the bow shop

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

33 years of bow hunting , 3 bows and only bought number 3 because I could no longer draw number 2 .

I never understood guys buying a bow every few years . I think I changed strings two or three times in all those years , once on bow #2 and I assume once maybe twice one bow #1, which I used for 18 years .

Never tried to sell the old bows ,just tossed them in the garbage tote .

33 years of bow hunting , 3 bows and only bought number 3 because I could no longer draw number 2 .
I never understood guys buying a bow every few years . I think I changed strings two or three times in all those years , once on bow #2 and I assume once maybe twice one bow #1, which I used for 18 years .
Never tried to sell the old bows ,just tossed them in the garbage tote .

Have you got other hobbies where you like tinkering and swapping with new stuff? That's archery for me