100% real hunting

Karpteach

LOL .... So what on earth brought on this idiotic comment out of the blue? Anybody have any idea what this freak is talking about? Every so often he slips off his meds and these crazy things come blurting out. It's kind of like some weird form of terret's syndrome.....lol. Pretty strange stuff.

ohhh alittle cranky today, huh Doc, whats a matter cant find anyone to change your diaper..

As for guides ,just what is a guide ? when my buddies from out west come back east , I have them hop in my stands that i scouted for and so on. So am I a guide? Is its some great advantage when they use my stands but real hunting if I sit there ?

Lets all just go hunt !

Haha, how else would you hunt Mt. Lion?

I just go by Boone & Crockett, fences = doesn't count.

Someday you'll be able to sit at your computer watching a live feed of animals in enclosures walk around. Then with a push of a button, you will shoot the animal. The preserve will send you your meat and hide for taxidermy work. Is that hunting too?

I'm sorry if I offend you. I just believe in fair-chase animals, no fences. I'm not against using hounds for people who bird hunt, etc.

If people want to hunt enclosures for the meat to feed their family, I guess I partially understand? but to mount an imported animal that doesnt even naturally reside in the area just seems weird to me. Especially when the animal cannot technically ever run away from you. The animal can only run to the fence line.

No offense taken, sorry if I came off as rude.

They've already tried internet hunting, it's been banned.

No sense in hunting a non - native species? So what about ringneck pheasants? they're from China.

I've heard of people calling for mountain lions instead of running them with hounds. On your lion hunt, had you treed one, where could he have ran? You would've walked up to him and shot him, unless he jumped, and then it's up to the HOUNDS to catch him again. The guides do all the work training the hounds, keeping them in shape, and locating the lions. All you need to do is manage to keep up with the dogs (not easy, I'm sure), and shoot. I don't disagree with hound hunting, just making a point.

So are guided hunts not hunting? How about trout fishing in a stocked creek? Is that not fishing? Does every hunt need to be 100% DIY in order to be "real"?

Just saying that each type of hunting has it's strong and weak points, but each has value, and draws on skills that we all possess as hunters.

No, every hunt doesn't have to be DIY to be real. I am simply talking about the fact of whether or not the animal is fenced in. For example, on my Arizona Mt. Lion hunt, I 100% would have gotten one if they were fenced in. The dogs after 6 days would have caught one. Because I was on a fair-chase hunt, even after close to 1,000 miles in 6 days, I still didnt even get to see one.

Let's agree to disagree. I don't feel that a fence automatically disqualifies a hunt from being real, obviously there are operations that stray far from hunting, but there are a lot of good ones too. You feel differently, I'm good with it.

ohhh alittle cranky today, huh Doc, whats a matter cant find anyone to change your diaper..

You just insist on making a complete ass of yourself don't you? Well, you're doing a heck of a good job of it.

Just so you know, there are some who don't think hound hunting, even for lions is "real" hunting. Be careful what you condemn. It's getting old, all this "what I do is OK, but what you do is wrong, B.S."

Frankly, I'm glad people do put in some thought as to what hunting is and what their thoughts are regarding various methods, rules and other things that pertain to how we conduct our sport. When you consider the alternative of just saying, "anything is ok with me", I think that would eventually be a whole lot more disruptive to hunting than any kinds of disagreements and discussions.

Years ago ..me and a friend went on a guided hunt in Maine. It was on thousands of acres of property (no fences) owned by a paper company. We ( and the guide) hunted our A$$es off for 5 full days. My buddy shot an "OK" seven point and I got nothing, although I passed on severeal does and scrub bucks. Other than those deer I did'nt see any big racked deer that these Jokers pass up on a regular basis....LOL

Lets see those "TV" guys go up there and pull off a TV show!! Wont Happen!!!!

• Like 1