100% real hunting

Karpteach

Turkey hunting is the easiest to film... turkey are quite a bit more predictable than deer.. I would say most turkey footage is genuine and doesn't need to be staged... I have filmed three good turkey kills in one day... that would never happen with good bucks in the wild... could go a whole season without getting a good deer kill on film...

I don't believe any of the hunting shows on tv are real. To be real I think they need to show the uncut versions of the film takes. Or shots taken from the actual hunters point of view using wearable cameras or gun/bow mounted cameras that remain on from the time the hunter sets up to the point of the kill. I know thats not practical to do nor is it a money maker.

I also have two cameras when hunting Turkey, one on me and one on the birds. Now I have three with my bow mount. :) I too think its easier to hunt turkey and get it on film.

I stopped watching those hunting shows a while ago. The turning point was that show with Jeff Foxworthy "Bucks of Taca..something" Got sick of watching them trying to decide which giant buck to shoot from the feeder inside of a fenced in ranch. To me thats not real hunting.

100% real hunting is any one of us walking into the deep woods, freezing our behinds off, and having more of a chance of seeing chickadees goofing off in the bushes than seeing a group of monster bucks eating apples......

So true. Perfectly said.

I remember one episode of that Foxworthy show were the owner of the ranch took his son in law out. They were crouched at the corner of some brush glassing a bunch of big racked bucks eating at a feeder, in a road, to their left. The deer looked to be a couple hundred yrds. away.They decided to pass on the deer, got upand crossed the road right infront of the deer. When the camara panned back you realize that the deer were only about 50 yards and never moved when the two appeared. Like they are so use to seeing people by the feeders that they are tame. It was LAME

Edited by ants

I don't mind considering those shows "entertainment" but it's hard to watch those things without the feeling that someone is actually believing that I am gullible enough to believe all that BS. And then there is the fact that they are all constructed like blatant infomercials. That's why they have to duplicate a bunch of the previous segment. So much advertisement time has gone by that you forget what the heck they were doing before the commercials .... lol.

Does anyone consider a guided hunt REAL HUNTING ? I do everything myself scout, pick out a spot or stillhunt and I enjoy the fact that I DID IT ! Now i do not judge others on the method with which they chose to hunt just wondering what you guys think..And in some areas you must have a guide if your not a resident ...all my hunts are DIY MOSTLY PUBLIC LAND ...

Does anyone consider a guided hunt REAL HUNTING ? I do everything myself scout, pick out a spot or stillhunt and I enjoy the fact that I DID IT ! Now i do not judge others on the method with which they chose to hunt just wondering what you guys think..And in some areas you must have a guide if your not a resident ...all my hunts are DIY MOSTLY PUBLIC LAND ...

Of course it's real hunting. It's a partnership between the guide and the hunter for the purpose of harvesting an animal. It is not my thing, because I like to take 100% of the credit or blame for what happens on any of my hunts. But there is a point of practicality when you are traveling a thousand or so miles and have only a week to pull off the one hunt of a lifetime. And then there are the trips to some foriegn countries where they won't even let you hunt without the services of a guide. And then there are some hunts where it is simply downright stupid to head out on your own. But for my preferences, my hunting is a one-on-one activity. I don't like having other people do my scouting for me or my stand selection. But then I don't get to go on a lot of these western dream hunts that others do either.

Of course it's real hunting. It's a partnership between the guide and the hunter for the purpose of harvesting an animal. It is not my thing, because I like to take 100% of the credit or blame for what happens on any of my hunts. But there is a point of practicality when you are traveling a thousand or so miles and have only a week to pull off the one hunt of a lifetime. And then there are the trips to some foriegn countries where they won't even let you hunt without the services of a guide. And then there are some hunts where it is simply downright stupid to head out on your own. But for my preferences, my hunting is a one-on-one activity. I don't like having other people do my scouting for me or my stand selection. But then I don't get to go on a lot of these western dream hunts that others do either.

hey Doc, when was the last time you had your Hoveround serviced dude, turkey season is just round the corner????

now a days its very common to see a camera aimed at the hunter filming at the same time as a camera man is filming the hunt... the one on the hunter is usually a fixed cam the hunter hits record on while he gets ready for a shot...

hey Doc, when was the last time you had your Hoveround serviced dude, turkey season is just round the corner????

LOL .... So what on earth brought on this idiotic comment out of the blue? Anybody have any idea what this freak is talking about? Every so often he slips off his meds and these crazy things come blurting out. It's kind of like some weird form of terret's syndrome.....lol. Pretty strange stuff.

simple as this:

Real Hunting = NO FENCES!

Just so you know, there are some who don't think hound hunting, even for lions is "real" hunting. Be careful what you condemn. It's getting old, all this "what I do is OK, but what you do is wrong, B.S."

Edited by Skillet

Haha, how else would you hunt Mt. Lion?

I just go by Boone & Crockett, fences = doesn't count.

Someday you'll be able to sit at your computer watching a live feed of animals in enclosures walk around. Then with a push of a button, you will shoot the animal. The preserve will send you your meat and hide for taxidermy work. Is that hunting too?

I'm sorry if I offend you. I just believe in fair-chase animals, no fences. I'm not against using hounds for people who bird hunt, etc.

If people want to hunt enclosures for the meat to feed their family, I guess I partially understand? but to mount an imported animal that doesnt even naturally reside in the area just seems weird to me. Especially when the animal cannot technically ever run away from you. The animal can only run to the fence line.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld