My Kinda Women . . .

Deerthug

When we were first married, my wife used to run the trapline for me during the week. I was working some heavy overtime back then, and couldn't handle a line that size during the week. This involved about a 2 mile walk some of which was a pretty steep climb, and then some mucking around over in the swamp. Rather than seeing me shut down the line, she volunteered to help during the week. To me that was going way above the call of duty.

• Like 1

what does being outside and maybe hunting and spending time with your woman have to do with fixing stuff around the house? I cook, do the wash, clean the chicken coop. I can also do some repairs and maintenance on a car. I can also spend money at the spa and getting my hair done. But i love the fact on weekends that i don't have to wash my hair and i can keep my hat on.

LOL.. thats great for you... if I wanted a wife to hunt, fish and golf with I would have married my buddy Jim... my wife has no interest in those things and Iove her for it...

Edited by nyantler

Yeah.. but hunting and fishing doesn't necessarily have to be one of the tasks... my wife multi tasks just fine ... we enjoy other things together and because she doesn't hunt and golf with me... I don't try to get involved with the things she likes to do with her girlfriends...

Edited by nyantler

A man that hunts and golfs with his wife is a man that doesn't get to go to deer hunting camp with the boys or golf in a tournament with the boys...without the wife getting all pissed off... and if you say different... you know you're lying..lol I will say though.. if my wife wants to hunt.. I'm all for it... she just better have a girlfriend that likes to hunt so she'll have some company.

• Like 1

I understand Joe, my X-girlfriend hated hunting and outdoor things but that was my time,my only set back was she always wished I did not get a deer, and her wish always came true... No way in hell she would have worked a trap line for me WOW Doc you have a real winner!!! I don't think I know a J.A.P. who would... But they are great at other things, cooking was not one of them lol...

I don't expect my girlfriend to go with me all the time. Like I said, I don't really get anything when she comes anyway. I do enjoy it when she does accompany me every now and then. This way she has at least develops an understanding if not an appreciation for what I do. I feel it helps to avoid the "why must you go hunting all the time" conversation which I have not heard once.

Edited by Elmo