WTT

I know this is a huge long shot, but does anyone in the Southern Albany area have a tray of either Winchester or Remington 209 muzzle loader primers they would trade for either a box of 12GA Win. High Velocity steel shot in #6 or a box of 12GA Win. Super Sport #8 ( both are 2 3/4" )?

If on the chance you do send me a PM if interested.

Just so you know regular shotshell 209s work perfectly fine igniting all muzzleloaders powders, you do not have to box yourself in just using the harder to come by so called muzzleloader 209 primers. I have used plenty of both and see zero difference in reliability or accuracy.

Al

Edited by airedale

3 minutes ago, airedale said:

Just so you know regular shotshell 209s work perfectly fine igniting all muzzleloaders powders, you do not have to box yourself in just using the harder to come by so called muzzleloader 209 primers. I have used plenty of both and see zero difference in reliability or accuracy.

Al

Thank you the heads up. I read that a lot. I noticed no difference in price on the run of the mill primers or the 209's. The Winchester and Remington seem to be just a little cleaner from a bunch of reading over the past couple years while hemming and hawing on buying a ML, so that's what I decided to go with. I'm sure down the road everything will get changed and I'll find a set up that I really like, but for now- I'm just starting with the items I have read and a lot of people seem to say work well.

5 minutes ago, silent death said:

Gnh in greenville still has some to and gander outdoors in coxackie 

Called both a couple times over a few days and they both said they had nothing in stock. Only place that told me they had them was Country Armory said they had a box. By the time I drove up it was gone.

10 minutes ago, silent death said:

Yeah most of the time the people at gnh have no clue what's in the gun shelfs theres only one guy that works there and sells firearms...whereabouts are u located ...I have some I'll give them to ya 

Just a mile or so north of Ravena.

3 hours ago, sbuff said:

Met dirt time and wife today ,stand up guy. Keep an eye out he's going to get a slammer with the muzzleloader.!!!!!

It was nice to meet you sbuff. Nice talking hunting and thank you for items and the pointers on cleaning the ML. Picked up some Windex to use that 50/50 mixture.

I don't know about a slammer, but I will be putting some meat in the freezer. Maybe a good buck will get a little off and show himself up north.

Rifle was supposed to be here today, but the storm caused a delay so it's Tuesday.

• Like 1