Zeek chasing fur 2021-2022

15 minutes ago, Gencountyzeek said:

Ive shot 1 this year that topped 50lbs, my son shot one that was 49lbs. Surprisingly both out of our field behind our house. 50lbers are not that uncommon, i havent seen any 60lbers killed personally. This tourney had 110 teams this year and i was shocked a 43lber won. I lost 2 years ago with a 48lber. .I’ve got between 20-40 coyotes a year for the last 19 years ,with my best year on coyotes at 46,and I can count 2 times where I almost hit 50 lbs .Not doubting you at all,they are out there .

Edited by WNYTRPR

Accidentally erased what I wrote .Anyway ,Coyote weight is generally for me 35-40 lbs .usually kill 20-40 a year .Very rarely have I hit the 50lb mark .A top weight for Coyote is around 46-48 in NY.

How many over 50 pounds do you shoot a year ?

Edited by WNYTRPR

2 minutes ago, land 1 said:

well thats what i found when i did google search not saying its fact did say confirmed by DEC, i searched NY state recored coyote dated dec16,2005

This is the “coyote”.lol.If someone can bring me 1 coyote over 50lbs ,I got $200 for ya .

85BA12E0-7BF4-4483-866B-4146C164438E.jpeg

Edited by WNYTRPR
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, land 1 said:

what do you think it is im not really up on yotes, i honestly dont know theres also one recorded at 81lbs ,,, 115 does seem hard to believe ,,,

That was either photoshopped or a hybrid wolf/dog .Sorry Zeek,not trying to derail your thread 

Edited by WNYTRPR

8 hours ago, WNYTRPR said:

That was either photoshopped or a hybrid wolf/dog .Sorry Zeek,not trying to derail your thread 

Your good, @land 1the above photo is in fact real however i do believe when i researched it, its from another state actually. Also the DEC does not keep track of coyote weights, i emailed the DEC on that one, no records.

Nice work on that double man! NV is tough sometimes in certain situations they seem to blend in well until you get eye shine.. Ive noticed running thermal that you can see it, no doubt but NV was struggling. 

I decided to stay in Friday, the wind wasn't worth it to us, Thinking Saturday night would have been better... Saturday night was a joke! half dozen sets and heard a coyote once all night.. was rough! 

4 hours ago, LET EM GROW said:

Nice work on that double man! NV is tough sometimes in certain situations they seem to blend in well until you get eye shine.. Ive noticed running thermal that you can see it, no doubt but NV was struggling. 

I decided to stay in Friday, the wind wasn't worth it to us, Thinking Saturday night would have been better... Saturday night was a joke! half dozen sets and heard a coyote once all night.. was rough! 

Yea saturday was a huge disappointment. 

My buddy i was hunting with is contemplating a thermal scope now lol. He was also saying he couldnt see the yotes because he is shorter than me...i asked how tall he is, 5'10"...im 5'11" lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Gencountyzeek said:

Yea saturday was a huge disappointment. 

My buddy i was hunting with is contemplating a thermal scope now lol. He was also saying he couldnt see the yotes because he is shorter than me...i asked how tall he is, 5'10"...im 5'11" lol.

The darkness plays tricks thats for sure.. one inch or 100 yards lol.

I watched my brother through the monocular to go pick up his yote the other day in the field, he walked right to within 8feet of it and couldnt find it, hilarious watching him look through his monocular trying to find it while hes damn near stepping on it lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

First time out in a month. Called in a pair, waiting on my son to shoot the one, buddy to my left was on the other to his right...waiting...ryan shoot...ryan shoot! Im whispering to my son because the yote im watching is getting a little nervous. Its starting to walk away. I cant wait any longer and i drop the yote. The 2nd one never gets shot at, my buddy is using a 4x sightmark wraith. He said the dog was too close, all he saw was fur in  the scope...My sons issue, not 100% sure. I think he may not have closed the bolt all the way. No firing pin mark on the round. Not sure. O well, good night out, 1 less female.

20220222_002504.jpg

• Like 6