New moon Full moon

SWEDE

34 minutes ago, DirtTime said:

I haven't seen a deer or even any fresh tracks the past 4-5 hunts. I'm hoping Wednesday will have them up their feet after the winds die down here. Part of me wants to throw in the towel for the season, but the other part won't quit till it's over.

Don’t give up !! I feel the same way but still gonna hang in there a bit longer . Try a different spot for a change and see what happens !! 

1 hour ago, Northcountryman said:

Don’t give up !! I feel the same way but still gonna hang in there a bit longer . Try a different spot for a change and see what happens !! 

5 different areas in the SZ, and three in the NZ. This year has just been strange. More hunters out on public land down here in the SZ could be part of it, but I just didn't see the same activity, even scouting I wasn't seeing a lot of sign. I'll be out at least a few more days before it's over.

I am where the deer are supposed to be at first light which they never are when a full moon!!! May pull a 10-2:00 shift tomorrow for shits and giggles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BOOM ! You've got em patterned!!

Carlos Baerga recommends you try a different spot next full moon.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I didn't sleep well last night and finally said screw it, getting up at 3:30am. Being that we had a dusting of snow and the bright moon, I looked out the window into the back yard. I saw a string of deer coming through the hedgerow from the adjoining winter wheat field. There were 9 does and fawns in my yard within 40 yards of my house!! By 4:15,am, they browsed across my yard (/clover & chicory plot) and went into the bedding area that borders my yard. Point being, bright full moon and they were all in the bedding area long before daylight!! 

55 minutes ago, Cabin Fever said:

I didn't sleep well last night and finally said screw it, getting up at 3:30am. Being that we had a dusting of snow and the bright moon, I looked out the window into the back yard. I saw a string of deer coming through the hedgerow from the adjoining winter wheat field. There were 9 does and fawns in my yard within 40 yards of my house!! By 4:15,am, they browsed across my yard (/clover & chicory plot) and went into the bedding area that borders my yard. Point being, bright full moon and they were all in the bedding area long before daylight!! 

Nice.  So about when would they getup and head out to feed again would you say-roughly?

That was only a nap between courses!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk