Rifle or Shotgun

nybuckboy

The good part is in shotgun only areas you can shoot a shotgun with a rifled barrel.....as you know they shoot a sabot vs. a slug. If you ever get a chance to put a few down range from a Savage 220 I think you will be quite impressed. Plenty of guys on this forum shoot the 220 and it is an Absolute tack driver.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

It's the shotgun that identifies as a rifle, and does a darn good job. We are shotgun only at home, but I'll carry the 220 when hunting rifle areas and don't feel as if I'm losing out on anything. I've killed a buck at 185, through the shoulders. Didn't go 20

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

On 11/15/2021 at 6:00 PM, nybuckboy said:

I get the "want to use"  in using a rifle but unless you are sitting on a field edge can anyone think of a better weapon for a whitetail than a 12 g slug.  I've often said there is nothing more powerful inside than a 12 g slug inside 50 yards... maybe an elephant gun. ;)

Powerful on what, a deer that if you're lucky might go 200-250 live weight?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe the US military uses any slug guns....

It's the shotgun that identifies as a rifle, and does a darn good job. We are shotgun only at home, but I'll carry the 220 when hunting rifle areas and don't feel as if I'm losing out on anything. I've killed a buck at 185, through the shoulders. Didn't go 20

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

And if I remember correctly that was a monster to boot!

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

• Like 1