Still going ..

WNYTRPR

Got Damn it’s cold out there .Still wondering what’s wrong with me and why I do this stuff lol.Conditions couldn’t be any better for a k9 trapper .Frozen ground (easier access)and no snow +Prime (worthless)furs (had one double)

F0D1C3B7-B50D-4571-884A-D62666BEE7FC.jpeg

Edited by WNYTRPR
  • Like 7

15 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

What ya building with the trusses on the ground.....skinning shed/man cave?

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

Doing a 3 1/2 car garage ,which will double as a fur/deer processing area .I’ll be eliminating the attached garage and knocking out a wall to create a man cave /theatre room .Wife bitches at me to at least finish one project before I start another LOL.

Edited by WNYTRPR
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Paula said:

That big one looks nice. Did I see in one of your post that you don't sell the hides?

I don’t “give my furs away”LOL .It’s tough ,I sold many Fox in the $ 15-30 range over the years .But when averages run $10-13, id rather keep them and market them another way .It’s hard just to not trap due to low prices ,so that’s out of the equation a bit .

Hopefully we get some what of a fur market going again ,you can only sell so many tanned furs and gift them to so many people .Much easier sending them to auction ,or bringing to a country buyer and getting a check ,and their out of my hands.

55 minutes ago, WNYTRPR said:

Hopefully we get some what of a fur market going again ,you can only sell so many tanned furs and gift them to so many people .Much easier sending them to auction ,or bringing to a country buyer and getting a check ,and their out of my hands

pa fur sale.jpg

16 hours ago, WNYTRPR said:

It’s nice not having to deal with 3 ft of snow at this point .

What do you do in this situation ? There's about 12" of snow and where in the single digits.I was going to set up a few canine sets this week.Also is there away to keep a fisher from going in the trap? it's here almost every night.

30 minutes ago, rachunter said:

What do you do in this situation ? There's about 12" of snow and where in the single digits.I was going to set up a few canine sets this week.Also is there away to keep a fisher from going in the trap? it's here almost every night.

Just brush out an area and set .be prepared to get frustrated watching the tracks go up to your sets and walk away .Fisher-you will just have to release them.No way around it .Never had to worry much about fisher until the last few years.

• Thanks 1