New Plot

Got out yesterday and sprayed the plots down good with roundup. These are going to be fall plots so Im going to wait 2 more weeks and go do it again if it needs it. Nothing more agrivating than weeds popping up in your pretty plot. :crazy:

Edited by erussell

Did some more clearing the end of last year,planted a mixture of clover's last month it is up about 2". Another spot planted with clover last week just popped out.Also cleared up a little spot and planted some buckwheet just to see if it will come up it is also looking good.

With the rain and warm weather this weekend they should rely pick up,

This morning I talked to a guy who delivered me 2 face cords of firewood and asked him if he was interested in logging a bit of my property. So, I may meet him and have him take a look at my acerage. The deal I want to make is he takes some wood and opens up the area for sunshine. Cost $'s = 0 :slow:

I really don't have that much wooded property, probably about 3 acres. Loggers up here have much bigger properties to choose from, especially when they pay money. For my property I have some hardwood, plus, fir, hemlock, and other almost worthless wood. And I don't really want all the area cut down.

please be careful with that...make sure he is insured....make a no liability contract..notarized...and he could take your wood and never return to clear the land as needed....if he just cuts and leaves stumps...then he got every thing for nothing...a small fee per cord..written and you get something he gets something.........believe me even ppl you know can't be trusted to do the right thing....feel the sting in my statement?....I still do :angry:

please be careful with that...make sure he is insured....make a no liability contract..notarized...and he could take your wood and never return to clear the land as needed....if he just cuts and leaves stumps...then he got every thing for nothing...a small fee per cord..written and you get something he gets something.........believe me even ppl you know can't be trusted to do the right thing....feel the sting in my statement?....I still do :angry:

Good points which I will take into consideration - thanks.