Crows

GreenDrake

Crows have been coming into the city by the thousands the last 4 evenings. The flyway is perfectly over my favorite crow hunting farm. Going to hit it this afternoon with my nephew and see if we can finally get a good shoot in. The walk in is going to be a bit challenging but hopefully its worth it. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, blackbeltbill said:

I do have a question  that,I am curious  about.

Now a good 4 years back on walking out from Public Land- 2 guys were shooting quite a few Crows. The trail lead very close to their elevated Field position. 

They were getting ready to leave as well and almost followed me out. Looking in the Field,I could still see a good 6 or so Crows hobbling around wounded.

You're  going to kill them right said I. Initially- they weren't- they were headed out. They then took care of them.

Maybe it was an oversight on their part. I was always taught not to leave any Game wounded and Leave.

I am sure it does not happen much with the Crow Hunters- correct?

Bad ethics are not about a specific group of sportsman ,it’s about the person themselves .

Edited by WNYTRPR
  • Like 1

We track every bird down and dispatch them immediately. Same with pigeons. No matter how fast and furious the shooting is we will time out and run out and dispatch all wounded birds. We owe it to the animal to do so. 

afternoon hunts are excellent if you get get set up about 200 yards from the edge of a flyway. I put 6-8 decoys as high up in the trees as I can. I use a 20 ft extension pole. Ground decoys are useless in the late afternoon unless you have a flapper for some movement. I mix up my calls frequently in my foxpro. I have both all the Johnny Stewart calls and the Bob Ahronson (crow busters site has them)