Great weekend!!!

WNY Bowhunter

Congrats!! nice bird. Got knee surgery on the 23rd. but that pic makes me want to tighten up the knee brace and give it one last shot!! I might!! SCREW IT!!

Edited by ants

Gotta say that's the oldest bird I've seen takened out of the wild too. Congrats on a very special harvest. It's hard to believe, that turkey could go through 8 seasons, and still be in such good shape. Must have some great habitat where you got him. Are you thinking of a full mount?

Edited by landtracdeerhunter

Damn.......That is really something.

You gettin' your loot? <grin>

Probably not. I really not too worried about it...

. Are you thinking of a full mount?

Nope. I'll cut his spurs off and display them with the band right along the rest of the collection.

Congratulations on a fantastic harvest!!! What part of steuben county are you from?

The northeast corner.

Another one of my uncles finally connected this morning on the bird that he's been chasing all week: 19 lbs, 1 1/8 & 1 3/16" spurs and 10.5" beard. Now, that's a paintbrush!!!

IMG_1384.jpg

I had two gobbling on the roost within 60 yds. and a deer started snorting and they shut up. Don't know if they ever flew down or not?

• 10 months later...

That bird was probably EIGHT years old?  Good heavens..........

He had to at least be looking at his third birthday when he was banded with spurs like that, no?

Very eye opening!  Congrats again.

Yep, I'd guess we would have been going on 3 or possibly even years old back in the spring of 2007...making him 8 or 9 when I busted him last spring.  He is the oldest bird reported in the tri-state study and possibly the oldest on record in NYS.  The old boy was in great shape and by all indications still had a few good years left in him.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I lost the paper that they sent me reguarding my 2008 bird but they told me that he was a 2 year old when banded in 2007 and how many toms/jakes were banded at this location. I'll give them a call tomorrow and see what I can find out. I figure that if he was a jake when banded in '07 that would have made him a minimum of 6 years old this spring.

I'm in awe..........what else can I say ?