Filling tags this fall

Robhuntandfish

I am hoping for 2 deer this year.  I have a new hunting spot this year. If I can get work done on my tree stand I will have that spot also. 

Someone gave me a freezer chest. I will also be getting some beef in June. Hoping we don't send Mr piggy to market, he will take up to much room

• Like 1

Due to the terrible economy, rising gas prices etc will you be less likely to pass on deer this season?

I passed a few does but def should have taken another as I only shot one and then tried for a buck.

My freezer is still good shape as I have barely touched it due to getting 3 the previous year. So just finished that up.

I am always a meat hunter first but I am probably gonna look to drop the first couple I get a chance at.

Also do you think we will see another uptick in hunter numbers? And unfortunately there will prob be more poaching as well. If we are still flirting with $5 gas and boiling over inflation I can see a lot of this happening.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Wow. Sounds like you and I had 2 nearly identical seasons. I shot 1 doe last season on opening day of archery then couldn't connect with a buck. The year before we got 3 (buck and doe for me plus wife shot her first buck) so we still have enough meat to make it through until next season. We just bought a house 2 months ago that just so happens to butt up against a property I already hunt so gas prices definitely aren't going to effect my season as much. Still going to hunt at my in-laws place because there's usually bigger bucks down there but our house is loaded with does so I'm hoping to bag at least 2 here. My wife and I don't have kids but we definitely eat a lot of venison. 3 is usually just enough to last the year. 4 or more would be better though. I would do a lot more sausage and snack sticks. But I never like to go into deer season with an empty freezer just in case we get skunked

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

A low venison supply is always my biggest motivator to hunt.  I have been giving venison away, mostly to folks at work, and they really appreciate it.  I am banking on that early September gun season, and I sure hope they have it again this year.

My goal is to get down to just one deer in the freezer by mid-September, so that I will be motivated to hit them hard then.  There’s about (3) in there now, so we got a lot of eating and giving away to do between now and then.  
E9559291-3FD9-42FA-BB38-8D32069D60F3.thumb.jpeg.d8b6df351cd212cfde531c8751db2655.jpeg

Edited by wolc123
  • Like 1