.300 Blackout

4 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

I dont have to worry about that so didn’t think if it but Jb weld and 30 seconds and the flash hider is a non issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Us mere mortals have to do some stupid things with these rifles.

19 minutes ago, DirtTime said:

No welder here. I think I'll stick to buying a completed rifle and be done with it. Walk in, push a few buttons on a PC screen, wait a few minutes, pay and leave. I have to do all that just for the lower anyway.

But the  joy of building one from parts is priceless

• Like 1

Just now, suburbanfarmer said:

But the  joy of building one from parts is priceless

That's what the guys from Weird Science said, too. Look how that turned out. Bikers shooting up the house, frozen grandparents in the closet, and no joy in the end.

I may build one, but not at this time.

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

All the more reason to build one from parts. If your bringing it somewhere put certain parts on it if it’s in the house leave certain parts on it etc.

I have to do that with clothes. Not fussing with a rifle too.

Runnings has polymer Lowers for 45$ right now. Otherwise yea the prices have gone up like crazy. 100$ for a poverty pony, I just built one all in with as cheap as possible materials other than the stock. I bought a decent fixed Luth.. Im under 500$ minus the optic.. You could build one for 450 still. You wont regret 223wylde.  shoot 556 for plinking and punching paper, hunt with better 223 ammo. 

Build it comliant or featureless.. real simple. And you can get complete uppers if you dont want to assemble barrels. right from Bear creek. 230$ uppers. only saw one barrel not shoot great and they replaced it immediately.  

• Like 2

22 hours ago, DirtTime said:

I've been looking at ammo availibilty for the area, it's mainly .223, .300 BLK, and some 350Legend. Nothing for a .224Valkyrie. Saturday will be the whirlwind of driving to a bunch of places to put this all together. At least hopefully.

I don't plan on a scope at this point, I have a set of AR open sights I plan to put on for now. I bought them about 8 years ago, and they have just been collecting dust since.

I appreciate the info, thank you guys.

You can order everything right to your door, to save money vs fuel consumption. other than the lower, that needs a nics check.. ITs really simple

23 minutes ago, suburbanfarmer said:

Goodluck with the search. Share some pics whenever you pick up the new tool/toy :)

It might have been last night if the place had either answered the phone or called me back. If a place doesn't have 5 minutes to call me back, then I don't have hundreds of dollars to spend in their store.

Radical Firearms FR16 .223/5.56, two extra mags, and 100 rounds of ammo.

raar152.jpg.da9a77ce857f50ab0af60a0ee557cb6e.jpg

I'm going Thordsen stock in a few weeks and staying featureless. I have no need for flashlights, a forward grip, or any other gizmos. I originally had no plan to put a scope on her, just use the AR15 sights I have, but I might add a scope later on after I give some thought to red dot or crosshairs.

Edited by DirtTime
  • Like 7

On 3/19/2022 at 12:56 PM, DirtTime said:

I'm going Thordsen stock in a few weeks and staying featureless. I have no need for flashlights, a forward grip, or any other gizmos. I originally had no plan to put a scope on her, just use the AR15 sights I have, but I might add a scope later on after I give some thought to red dot or crosshairs.

Nice!!! Looks great! Congrats on your new rifle!

You will love it I'm sure! Lots of stuff you can do with that beauty. AR's are like a blank canvas, just waiting to be done to whatever you want to do!

I may have an extra 3x9x40 scope, and an AR base laying around, should you choose that route and need one.

That's what I put on mine.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, grampy said:

Nice!!! Looks great! Congrats on your new rifle!

You will love it I'm sure! Lots of stuff you can do with that beauty. AR's are like a blank canvas, just waiting to be done to whatever you want to do!

I may have an extra 3x9x40 scope, and an AR base laying around, should you choose that route and need one.

That's what I put on mine.

Thank you. I'm still pondering a scope or not, once I decide I'll let you know.

On 3/19/2022 at 12:56 PM, DirtTime said:

Nice! I jus tput mine together, and already thinking about making this one featureless also.. with a Thordsen. I wanted to keep it pinned and standard.. but.. cant make up my mind, I hate these laws.. with a passion. I own a many many firearms, but just put my very first 223 chamber together ever over the weekend lol 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LET EM GROW said:

Nice! I jus tput mine together, and already thinking about making this one featureless also.. with a Thordsen. I wanted to keep it pinned and standard.. but.. cant make up my mind, I hate these laws.. with a passion. I own a many many firearms, but just put my very first 223 chamber together ever over the weekend lol 

Cool on your new rifle as well. Yep, this whole SA thing is a royal PITA. I started contemplating pinning the mag, but the lock I want to use is so questionable I think I'm sticking with my original plan of the Thordsen.

300blk was designed for use with a suppressor. It’s not good for anything else aside from paper punching. Light for caliber bullets generally suck for killing med game and that’s the only option in the 300blk.

Get an ar chambered in 223 wylde, then you can get cheap 5.56 for targets and quality 223 if you want to hunt with it. If you want to hunt deer with an ar15 it’s hard to beat the 350L or my personal favorite the 450BM.

If you’re doing this on a budget I highly recommend building one! You’ll get a way better quality gun for less money than you can buy a complete entry level ar off the shelf. It’s VERY easy to build one and other than a 10$ barrel wrench no special tools are required.

Sooooo I 100% agree with Buckmaster here..

If him and I agree on anything it must be fact!

• Like 2

I will say I had a radical. Not bad quality at all for the price range

Cool on your new rifle as well. Yep, this whole SA thing is a royal PITA. I started contemplating pinning the mag, but the lock I want to use is so questionable I think I'm sticking with my original plan of the Thordsen.

AR mag lock

Or juggernaut tactical

Both are fine

8 minutes ago, Chef said:

AR mag lock

Or juggernaut tactical

Both are fine

I put the Thorsden Gen III on the rifle. I actually like it. It's not the same as a full pistol grip, but it still makes the rifle handle well.

• Like 1

On 3/15/2022 at 8:53 PM, DirtTime said:

Us mere mortals have to do some stupid things with these rifles.

No you don’t , I don’t know anyone who doesn’t run their guns ,like intended by the manufacturer. 

6EE7F22E-AA87-4DAC-A09E-66DF055CC694.jpeg

• Like 2