I lost a best friend yesterday.

First-light

My Father-in-law Gus passed away yesterday. He has been in a nursing home for about a year. Yesterday was my daughter's communion. We got Gus an aid so he would be able to join us for the day. When he saw my daughter in her white dress at church he broke down. We made it through church and the party, he was surrounded by friends and family all day. It seems he was holding out trying to get through the day. He passed away 11:00 Saturday evening. His heart gave out, the doctor said it was peaceful way for him to pass. This man could do anything, he hunted and fished all over New York state. Had a 45lbs. bass from under the light in Montauk and shot a fair number of deer. We will miss you Gus, you were never short for a story and always had a smile on your face.

Rest in peace Dad.

RIP Gus.

Condolences to the entire family.

Sorry for your loss. I like your closing, "Rest in Peace Dad". So many son-in-law's don't call their wive's father, 'Dad' anymore.

May the love of God, Family and Friends give you extra comfort during your time of grief.

Yes he was like a Dad to me. When I called him Dad he listened, he liked it that way.

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart. Gus's easy chair sits in the new addition to my cabin. That's where it will sit forever..................

Condolences. He will be right next to you hunting, fishing and in your heart. Deepest sympathy. May his spirit live on through you. Always a shame when we loose a loved one, especially someone so close he is refered to as Dad...

God Bless

May he rest in peace.