Citizens Firearms ARE Being Taken In NY! Believe It!

. The best you can do is move and take your tax dollars elsewhere.

Yeah if everyone did that in every state instead of voting in people that protect their Constitutional rights, there would be no place left to move. Cutting and running in this fight is not an option if the 2nd Amendment is going to survive anywhere. Defeatist attitudes are exactly what the anti's are looking for.

I did the Math.. if only half of the NYS gun owners got out and voted last election instead of sitting home on their asses we would have a different governor and that much closer to repealing the SAFE act. Apathy is not the answer!

Maybe I can't win the war, but at least I'm still in the fight.  Go ahead and have a vote.  I wouldn't give it a second thought if I was banned from the forums.  If most members are that determined to silence an opinion, I wouldn't want to be a part of it anyway.

• Like 2

Or maybe the story is exactly the way it was written. Why do we automatically assume that if a confiscation took place, it must have had some level of justification. That is like a juror being asked the question, "Can the fact that the police made an arrest keep you from rendering an impartial decision in this case?" That question is frequently asked for the very reason that often perspective jurors do believe that an arrest indicates wrong doing by those arrested. I find that same mentality is prevalent among a lot of people. I generally side with law enforcement, but never say or even suspect that they are infallible, especially when it comes to the enforcement of a brand new law that few really understand the details and legal assumptions involved.

huh? we don't know if the story is exactly like written, do we?.....I don't recall anyone ever saying that they think the story is BS based on the cops always being right.

Do you smell what your shoveling when you say that being a firefighter and disabled makes you honorable? That is total bullshit, I know lots of firemen and while i am glad they risk their lives for life and property there are very few i would call honorable.

Interesting bias that you have there against those people that have chosen an occupation where they put their life on the line for others. Kind of blindly all-encompassing and extremely ignorant, but interesting.

• Like 3

Maybe I can't win the war, but at least I'm still in the fight. Go ahead and have a vote. I wouldn't give it a second thought if I was banned from the forums. If most members are that determined to silence an opinion, I wouldn't want to be a part of it anyway.

You're missing the point. I even share your opinion. I just don't believe we need 4 new threads a day covering different links all discussing the same thing. There are plenty of firearm dedicated forums out there.

Exaggerate a little Belo?  My posts have been few and far between these days.  But I do agree that most members of this site don't care about gun rights in NY.  I just can't resist trying to get them to care.  Posting about gun rights on firearms sites isn't necessary, as that would be preaching to the choir.

• Like 1

Do you smell what your shoveling when you say that being a firefighter and disabled makes you honorable? That is total bullshit, I know lots of firemen and while i am glad they risk their lives for life and property there are very few i would call honorable.

"Very Few" really?

huh? we don't know if the story is exactly like written, do we?.....I don't recall anyone ever saying that they think the story is BS based on the cops always being right.

That certainly is the implication of those replies that insist that there has to be something that has been left out of the story that would show that the confiscation was justifiable. Kind of like unjust confiscation is simply incredibly unlikely. Sometimes a news story is exactly all there is to a story.

That certainly is the implication of those replies that insist that there has to be something that has been left out of the story that would show that the confiscation was justifiable. Kind of like unjust confiscation is simply incredibly unlikely. Sometimes a news story is exactly all there is to a story.

I don't think anyone can argue that there is more to that story, we're only hearing from one half of the involved parties....and like I posted above, if they revoked his pistol license then all his guns go......just speculation, but that would fill in the pieces of the puzzle.

If you don't have a problem with taking all guns when a pistol license is revoked, you don't really understand the problem.  Think about it.  A pistol license can now be revoked without any cause.  Is this a law that allows the govt to confiscate all firearms easier, or is it designed to eliminate people getting pistol licenses?  it certainly isn't preventing any crime.

Either way, if that's what they used to justify the confiscation, it's still an unjustified confiscation in my mind.

I don't think anyone can argue that there is more to that story, we're only hearing from one half of the involved parties....and like I posted above, if they revoked his pistol license then all his guns go......just speculation, but that would fill in the pieces of the puzzle.

Yeah, we might even find out that there really was no basis for the confiscation at all....lol. How about a real wild piece of speculation that opens the possibility that a neighbor was irritated by the sound of his constant target practice and conjured up a bogus report. How about the report was called in by a disgruntled ex-wife ..... lol. Or maybe it was one of those "dishonorable firemen" who placed an anonymous phone call. We all know how they are. My point is that we can speculate all we want to, but until and unless more details come out, we are stuck with the original story.

If you don't have a problem with taking all guns when a pistol license is revoked, you don't really understand the problem.  Think about it.  A pistol license can now be revoked without any cause.  Is this a law that allows the govt to confiscate all firearms easier, or is it designed to eliminate people getting pistol licenses?  it certainly isn't preventing any crime.

Either way, if that's what they used to justify the confiscation, it's still an unjustified confiscation in my mind.

I'm not saying I approve or that it's justified.....I was saying that might be the part that was left out, my comments are directed solely at this story and nothing more........I never look at one side of any story and make a determination as to who is right or wrong, nor should anyone else.

You are free to vote on anything that you feel you must, but keep in mind that this forum is not a democracy. Be careful what you ask for. You too might find yourself on the other end of that kind of vote.

I would be truly heartbroken.

Yeah if everyone did that in every state instead of voting in people that protect their Constitutional rights, there would be no place left to move. Cutting and running in this fight is not an option if the 2nd Amendment is going to survive anywhere. Defeatist attitudes are exactly what the anti's are looking for.

I did the Math.. if only half of the NYS gun owners got out and voted last election instead of sitting home on their asses we would have a different governor and that much closer to repealing the SAFE act. Apathy is not the answer!

I'm not arguing your point about who votes and who didn't, but keep in mind many gun owners are also liberals who feel stronger about fiscal and social issues than the right to own an assault rifle. For many, their shotgun or rifle and dads old revolver are all they need.

And I'll also argue that the beauty of America is our state system. Many of the 50 states very in law and rule, and while I'll agree that what NY has done violates the second amendment, it is one of only a few states with this rule.

You do have a choice. Some choices are hard.

Like to smoke pot? There are 2 states for that. Believe in abortion or the death penalty or capital punishment? There are states for that. No income tax? Sales tax? Or how about warm weather and no snow?

I realize these are not realistic options for many, but as Chase announced another 500 layoffs I can't help but wonder what this state is thinking and how it will survive. Heck we just re-elected a governor who told us we weren't wanted. That's how cocky he can be when the state is so blue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Belo - "For many, their shotgun or rifle and dad's old revolver are all they need."

You really don't get it at all. Your shotgun or rifle will eventually be labeled as an assault rifle, or whatever else they have to classify it as, in order to villify & eventually ban it. Your dad's old revolver? forget about it.

Also, I really don't think many gun owners are liberals. How many Toyota prius do you see with an NRA sticker right next to the obama one?

Edited by Skillet
  • Like 1

Why is it that every time something about gun confiscation comes up so many people make excuses as to as to why it was the right thing to do? Every one likes to say must be more to the story and then gives reasons for why it might not have been wrong. We do not know for sure if that is the whole story or not. It might just be that the story is just what is written. If anyone believes that this does not happen without an good reason then you are blind. I have seen people who locked himself in his house [where there guns] with his wife and threaten to kill himself.  When he was talked out he went to jail. Funny thing is when he got he kept his guns lost the wife but not the guns. I have also seen someone lose there guns for argueing with there wife and she got mad and called cops. His guns were taken because the court felt he was dangerous. I know for a fact it was only a shouting match and nothing dangerous was said or done but because she wanted to see someone else and for him to be gone and she look like the good guy in the break up she said she was afraid of him. I was there when this happened but the courts took her word.

The fact that this guy was a firemen and disabled means nothing. I am a firemen and have known many who were as crooked as the day is long. How a person looks and acts in public can be very different from them in person. Same with leo or military. Not a knock on them at all as I fall in one of these groups however these things do not mean you are a top grade person.

Funny how everyone screams foul about the safe act but when someone has there guns taken away the first thing that is said is there must be more to it they wouldnt do that for no reason. WAKE UP PEOPLE  these laws give them the right to take your guns just because thy want to they need no reason. I can not believe all the excuses being given for this possable being right. Maybe it was the right thing and there was a right reason but to think that it will always be the owners fault when they are taken is blindly fallowing like sheep.

Yes if we do not like the laws we can move to where these laws do not exist. However if we just keep moveing these laws just keep getting passed. People have to stop running and stand and fight or we will run out of places where we are still free. If that is what we are now. If we keep ignoring these things soon they will have what they want and that is all the guns and all the power. Powerless people are easy to control. Keep thinking they do not want all the guns and one day you will wake upwith none and wounder how this happened. That is when people like V J P will be able to say you were told this would happen.

Oh and who cares how many or what kind of threads someone posts? If you dont like them do not read or post to them. Why cry about someone trying to open your eyes? If you wish to stay blind then stay blind.

• Like 3

Why is it that every time something about gun confiscation comes up so many people make excuses as to as to why it was the right thing to do? Every one likes to say must be more to the story and then gives reasons for why it might not have been wrong. We do not know for sure if that is the whole story or not. It might just be that the story is just what is written. If anyone believes that this does not happen without an good reason then you are blind. I have seen people who locked himself in his house [where there guns] with his wife and threaten to kill himself.  When he was talked out he went to jail. Funny thing is when he got he kept his guns lost the wife but not the guns. I have also seen someone lose there guns for argueing with there wife and she got mad and called cops. His guns were taken because the court felt he was dangerous. I know for a fact it was only a shouting match and nothing dangerous was said or done but because she wanted to see someone else and for him to be gone and she look like the good guy in the break up she said she was afraid of him. I was there when this happened but the courts took her word.

The fact that this guy was a firemen and disabled means nothing. I am a firemen and have known many who were as crooked as the day is long. How a person looks and acts in public can be very different from them in person. Same with leo or military. Not a knock on them at all as I fall in one of these groups however these things do not mean you are a top grade person.

Funny how everyone screams foul about the safe act but when someone has there guns taken away the first thing that is said is there must be more to it they wouldnt do that for no reason. WAKE UP PEOPLE  these laws give them the right to take your guns just because thy want to they need no reason. I can not believe all the excuses being given for this possable being right. Maybe it was the right thing and there was a right reason but to think that it will always be the owners fault when they are taken is blindly fallowing like sheep.

Yes if we do not like the laws we can move to where these laws do not exist. However if we just keep moveing these laws just keep getting passed. People have to stop running and stand and fight or we will run out of places where we are still free. If that is what we are now. If we keep ignoring these things soon they will have what they want and that is all the guns and all the power. Powerless people are easy to control. Keep thinking they do not want all the guns and one day you will wake upwith none and wounder how this happened. That is when people like V J P will be able to say you were told this would happen.

Oh and who cares how many or what kind of threads someone posts? If you dont like them do not read or post to them. Why cry about someone trying to open your eyes? If you wish to stay blind then stay blind.

like I said earlier this is nothing new, it's been happening to people for many many years, but all of a sudden, for some reason people are now waking up, and maybe a bit too late....I guess I should have given reasons why it was wrong along with the reasons it may have been right, but saw no need to based on the fact the story gave the reasons for it being wrong...and don't confuse excuses for possible reasons...and it only took me a few minutes to dissect the story and come to the conclusion that it may have been a revocation of a pistol license that caused the confiscation of all guns thanks to the SAFE ACT...certainly not taking sides but offering some logical explanations of what transpired...and yes, occupation has nothing to do with it other than to gain some sympathy. 

and right or wrong, shedding some light on what may cause a persons guns to be confiscated in no way says I agree with it......the amount of people out there who are clueless as to what could happen because of a single act or statement is probably staggering. I wonder how many would read a story about someone losing all their guns after having a pistol license revoked would even realize that it happened because that's what the SAFE ACT says should happen...I bet not too many.

Can we vote to limit vjp's new threads per day?

Classic example of 'New Left' thinking here folks. The old left, despite our disagreements, could intelligently form and present a cogent argument, and generally supported the freedom to air our differing opinions. New Left simply wants to scorn, denigrate and shut down free speech. It's everywhere to be seen now.

• Like 1

I would be truly heartbroken.

I'm not arguing your point about who votes and who didn't, but keep in mind many gun owners are also liberals who feel stronger about fiscal and social issues than the right to own an assault rifle. For many, their shotgun or rifle and dads old revolver are all they need.

And I'll also argue that the beauty of America is our state system. Many of the 50 states very in law and rule, and while I'll agree that what NY has done violates the second amendment, it is one of only a few states with this rule.

You do have a choice. Some choices are hard.

Like to smoke pot? There are 2 states for that. Believe in abortion or the death penalty or capital punishment? There are states for that. No income tax? Sales tax? Or how about warm weather and no snow?

I realize these are not realistic options for many, but as Chase announced another 500 layoffs I can't help but wonder what this state is thinking and how it will survive. Heck we just re-elected a governor who told us we weren't wanted. That's how cocky he can be when the state is so blue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

None of your examples have anything to do with protecting a Constitutional right... if you start losing that right in one state, the rest of the states could fall behind it. And, WE didn't elect him... THEY did.. most of WE didn't even get out to vote and I'm betting because they have a similar thought process as you... I tend to give you a little bit of a pass though.. you're the same age as my sons and, like them, it isn't that you're not able to get it... you just have a lot to learn yet. 

• Like 1

Yeah, we might even find out that there really was no basis for the confiscation at all....lol. How about a real wild piece of speculation that opens the possibility that a neighbor was irritated by the sound of his constant target practice and conjured up a bogus report. How about the report was called in by a disgruntled ex-wife ..... lol. Or maybe it was one of those "dishonorable firemen" who placed an anonymous phone call. We all know how they are. My point is that we can speculate all we want to, but until and unless more details come out, we are stuck with the original story.

annoying his neighbor with constant target practice? if this guy was shooting guns in his backyard in Nassau County, then it's a good thing they took his guns away......so yes, that would be a real wild piece of speculation.