Crosman Airbow, $849 air-powered arrows @ 450 FPS

Core

The genie is out of the bottle ..... lol. I knew the crossbow was just the beginning. Technology knows no bounds. Just look at todays compound bows for proof of that. Bow season started with a bent stick and string. Now look at it. I warned of every addition to bow season setting new precedents for the next. I can only repeat that warning.

• Like 6

The genie is out of the bottle ..... lol. I knew the crossbow was just the beginning. Technology knows no bounds. Just look at todays compound bows for proof of that. Bow season started with a bent stick and string. Now look at it. I warned of every addition to bow season setting new precedents for the next. I can only repeat that warning.

No one here mentioned anything about taking your bow season away doc, relax.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

• Like 1

Seems like if the evolution of bows/x-bows keep going the way they are , pretty soon they be called rifles or slug guns! lol !  I must say, it does look like another nice little toy!  I'd be willing to bet the NY bow hunters are not going to like these?

I would suspect it would be better classified as an air gun for hunting.  It uses arrows, yes.  But it has no string to propel them.  To me, it's an air gun that shoots arrows rather than bullets.  It is shooting a projectile with compressed air.

It's not archery.  If NY allows air guns for hunting and it meets the minimum requirements for a hunting air gun, it should be allowed for hunting as an air gun.

Calling it a "bow" doesn't make it one.

Edited by Mr VJP
  • Like 2

I would suspect it would be better classified as an air gun for hunting.  It uses arrows, yes.  But it has no string to propel them.  To me, it's an air gun that shoots arrows rather than bullets.  It is shooting a projectile with compressed air.

It's not archery.  If NY allows air guns for hunting and it meets the minimum requirements for a hunting air gun, it should be allowed for hunting as an air gun.

Calling it a "bow" doesn't make it one.

Yeah isn't archery at all.

No one here mentioned anything about taking your bow season away doc, relax.

I am relaxed, but thank you for your misplaced concern.

As far as taking away bow season, there is more than one way of making it disappear. One is to flat out remove it (not likely), or the more likely one is to keep on diluting and polluting it until it no longer has any recognizable uniqueness or difference from the regular season or even reason for existing.

You know, some day there will come a time when it will occur to all that there is no real reason for a unique set-aside time for what used to be called "bow" season. Ever ask yourself why people decided to pull archery hunting out into it's own season? Already the DEC is threatening the use of firearms in "bow season". In fact sections of he season and the state already have the mix of firearms and bowhunting. No, the season may be there in name only, but it might not be something bowhunters really want to be participating in.

I am relaxed, but thank you for your misplaced concern.

As far as taking away bow season, there is more than one way of making it disappear. One is to flat out remove it (not likely), or the more likely one is to keep on diluting and polluting it until it no longer has any recognizable uniqueness or difference from the regular season or even reason for existing.

You know, some day there will come a time when it will occur to all that there is no real reason for a unique set-aside time for what used to be called "bow" season. Ever ask yourself why people decided to pull archery hunting out into it's own season? Already the DEC is threatening the use of firearms in "bow season". In fact sections of he season and the state already have the mix of firearms and bowhunting. No, the season may be there in name only, but it might not be something bowhunters really want to be participating in.

I'm guessing all this talk about how the .223 is unethical and too small a caliber has something to do with it. If a center fire is unethical for killing deer, I can't see how one can argue a stick and string isn't. At the rate some of you want things to go, only a 50 BMG would be allowed and archery season closed.

Seems like if the evolution of bows/x-bows keep going the way they are , pretty soon they be called rifles or slug guns! lol !  I must say, it does look like another nice little toy!  I'd be willing to bet the NY bow hunters are not going to like these?

NYB is irrelevant. Bowhunters are completely unorganized and have no political voice at all (that anyone is still listening to). We did a good job on that. So it is really of no concern whether NYB likes it or not. Outside forces are now free to steam-roller over bowhunters at will.

• Like 1

I'm guessing all this talk about how the .223 is unethical and too small a caliber has something to do with it. If a center fire is unethical for killing deer, I can't see how one can argue a stick and string isn't. At the rate some of you want things to go, only a 50 BMG would be allowed and archery season closed.

No relevance to this thread or the quote you are referencing, but an interesting thought nonetheless.

Same could be said about your paranoia of losing your bow season. Has nothing to do with this thread.

The thread is about this new contraption and the possibility of it being considered to be a weapon for bow season. Probably the relevance is a bit over your head.

• Like 2

The thread is about this new contraption and the possibility of it being considered to be a weapon for bow season. Probably the relevance is a bit over your head.

Evolution is a great thing Doc, embrace it. We don't hunt with spears and rocks anymore. If you are so concerned with it taking away from your bow season, do something about it, in another thread.

The thread is about this new contraption and the possibility of it being considered to be a weapon for bow season. Probably the relevance is a bit over your head.

I will be voting against for use during archery

The DEC will accept public comment on this rule change until Feb. 8. To formally submit input by email, write to: [email protected] and in the subject line enter “air rifle regulations.” By mail, write to: Bryan L. Swift, NYSDEC, Bureau of Wildlife, 625 Broadway, Albany, NY 12233-4754