Questinon......

Robinson446

Apparently, one of my friends at school saw with full fledge horns, no velvet, a couple months ago when the bucks dropped antlers. Is this possible? He said he was talking to a DEC officer and the DEC officer said that if it doesnt get cold enough and the bucks dont lose their horns, they grow a new set to the side, infront, or behind the set that didnt fall off. Now i have nevered heard of this nor have i seen a buck that didnt drop their horns, ive seen some drop their horns early or late, but never heard of them not dropping them at all. What do you guys know or think about this?

it could be feasable not to drop from what i've read growing rubbing velvet and droping are all controled by testosterone spikes that are brought on by changes in the temperature. growing a set next to the non shed ones however i think is far fetched seeing that the pedicles they grow from would all ready be occupied by old set.