Getting things ready....

WNYBuckHunter

This year I decided to strip my perfectly good Blazers off of my CX shafts and redo them. I ordered some custom wraps from a guy on AT, and some new Blazers. I am also going to get some more Lumenocks so all of my arrows have them. Tonight I sat down and put the wraps on, but didnt have the time to start with the vanes. Ill get to those tomorrow. As you can see in the last pic, the wraps are reflective so they will be easy to find if they end up in the bushes out back (it happens lol).

DSC_6148.jpg

DSC_6147.jpg

DSC_6144.jpg

Very neat!!

Flames on you hunting arrows, cool hot!!

In one photo they look thicker, shoot the 450?

I still use Beaman/Easton carbon 340s, carry-over from my old, slower AR-31 at ~290fps.

Should try to shoot something different  next year now that I'm at ~320fps.

Thanks guys. The arrows are 350s and they shoot great out of my bow, which is around 300 fps, probably just under. I love the flames, its a design I came up with and had the guy make. The name of his business is Pathfinder Arrow Wraps and he can make whatever you want. He does wraps for other things too, like limbs, stabilizers, etc. I have had great luck with the lighted nocks, so far the CX Tracers have been the best. Theres a guy that makes really nice ones where you can replace the battery if it dies and you can choose from many colors. I might try those. Ill throw some pics up when I get the fletches on tonight. After that Im going to start on my little modification project for my climber. Im just trying to pass the time till my bow string gets here lol.

That is a good idea putting "a wrap" on the arrow so it is easier to find in the weeds when they miss or zip through a target. My deer foam target is getting kind of weak in the chest area and sometimes my arrows bury themselves in the sod and when they are camo, they are difficult to find. I might like to experiment with these wraps. Thanks!

Thanks guys. The arrows are 350s and they shoot great out of my bow, which is around 300 fps, probably just under. I love the flames, its a design I came up with and had the guy make. The name of his business is Pathfinder Arrow Wraps and he can make whatever you want. He does wraps for other things too, like limbs, stabilizers, etc. I have had great luck with the lighted nocks, so far the CX Tracers have been the best. Theres a guy that makes really nice ones where you can replace the battery if it dies and you can choose from many colors. I might try those. Ill throw some pics up when I get the fletches on tonight. After that Im going to start on my little modification project for my climber. Im just trying to pass the time till my bow string gets here lol.

Where did you find those CX Tracers with the replaceable bat?

That is a good idea putting "a wrap" on the arrow so it is easier to find in the weeds when they miss or zip through a target. My deer foam target is getting kind of weak in the chest area and sometimes my arrows bury themselves in the sod and when they are camo, they are difficult to find. I might like to experiment with these wraps. Thanks!

Yep, all I have to do is wait till dark and get out the flashlight and the wraps will reflect the light and show up easilly, even if the lighted noks turn off. The wraps also make refletching alot easier since you dont have glue residue to scrape off of the shaft, just peel the wrap and fletches right off, and use adhesive remover to get rid of the wrap adhesive left on the shaft.

Yeah the Firenoks are pricey, theres usually a guy on AT that gets you good deals on them but I found someone that can get me Lumenoks for less than $10 each shipped, so Ill just go with those.

Fantail, I havent had any experience with them yet, this is my first set. I have heard very good things though. We will see.

Installed the Lumenoks tonight.  Wow they are bright! I turned one on in the dark in my garage.  Hopefully they work well this season, I want to try them out on the target with the broadheads when I go up in a week or so, hopefully the minor weight it adds doesnt change the arrow flight.