Tablet - Anyone have one?

burmjohn

• 2 weeks later...

No Apple products are flash capable.

Well, not to be picky, but only iOS devices (mostly ipads and iphones) don't work with flash. Other Apple products do.

I also use my iPad to download trail cam pix. Quite handy.

Zhe Wiz

Well, not to be picky, but only iOS devices (mostly ipads and iphones) don't work with flash. Other Apple products do.

I also use my iPad to download trail cam pix. Quite handy.

Zhe Wiz

Yep, my bad. I had them listed out and cut it out to keep it shorter. Its the biggest downside to my ipad.

• 5 weeks later...

Im going to pick up the SD camera connection kit for my ipad so i can at least upload pictures from my trail camera.

Update: Ordered the SD connection kit for my ipad about 2 weeks ago from Amazon. Paid $3.80 including shipping from Hong Kong. Figured at worst I'd be out $3.80 instead of $30 if it did not work. Well as soon as I popped it into the connector on my Ipad it opened up directly to the photography application and displayed the photos on the SD card. It was lighting speed. It gave me the choice to delete photographs off the card or to import photos onto my Ipad.

Two small down sides: not being able to move pictures from my ipad to the SD card. But doesn't bother me at all since I have photo streaming and it works great. And if you have your ipad in a case the connection does not sit well. You have to remove the ipad from the case - which also does not bother me either.

So overall I'm very pleased - - now I can pull my cards from my Bushnell Trophy cam on my way into my stand and go through the photos as i sit in my blind/stand. B)

Edited by Deerthug

Can you upload pics from the SD card to say, Photobucket through the Photobucket app?

Can you shoot me the link where you got it that cheap?

I'm not sure if you can upload to photobucket directly. I have not tried it yet. It just came in the mail today and wanted to quickly test it out. I will certainly try that tonite.

Here is the link I got it from on Amazon. The seller is Newgen - http://www.amazon.com/5-1-Card-Reader-iPad/dp/B004HT6TS2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1345145535&sr=8-1&keywords=5+in+1+card+reader+for+ipad

(Price reduced to $2.47 - think I should ask for a price adjustment??)

Many bad reviews on there but most people don't realize that there is a little switch on the right side of the kit that is preset to USB. To use the camera or an SD card you need to move it upward. I read the reviews before I pulled the trigger to buy it and that was the first thing I did and it worked flawlessly.

Ok WNY you got me wondering. I had a few moments so I tried it out again. You cannot upload directly to photobucket. You need to import all or just some selected photos you want to your Ipad. This creates an Import folder on your Ipad. Once you import the photos then from there you open the PB application and you select the pictures for upload from that Import folder. Just one extra step which takes 1/2 a second so doesn't bother me.

I am using a BlackBerry tablet and it works pretty good.

Great for just surfing but it gets a bit frustrating when you are typing and auto correct kicks in etc. I find having a mouse to click for things like cut and paste are more user friendly.

Same can be said for dropping pics into Photobucket etc. Just so much faster using a standard pc and mouse Imo.