profiles

Paula

Often I try to check out location on posts and topics that might be geographic-sensitive. For example, I know terrain, habitat, deer populations, climate, hunter pressure, and a few other things are completely different up in the Adirondacks than they are over here in Western NY. A lot of times such things can have a bearing on comments about hunting results, methods, and other aspects of hunting or observations.

Why Eddie, you clever devil..You're ON to me already...

Now that you've blown my cover I'll have to find some other evil pastime, like pulling the wings off flies or sabotaging the wheelchairs of crippled NUNS !!

Sometimes just to be nosey, but most often it's for some of the reasons Doc mentioned. I remember one discussion i was having with a fella when i first joined the forum. It was one of those "let the small deer walk" topics and i was arrogantly spewing my views and i just was having no impact on this ignorant guy. LOL Then i went to his profile and saw he hunts the ADK with primitive tackle and probably still hunts. Kinda felt a bit foolish. Sometimes the profile can give you some insights on a persons point of view.

I knew that of you

Doggone it, Paula.. I just can't fool ANYONE anymore..I guess I'm just not as DEVIOUS as I used to be..

I'm going to have to turn in my N.O.O.P. ( National Order Of Perverts) membership card....

I like to check out profiles of folks that are kind and courteous and appear 1/2 intelligent first and foremost.

If someone is from my neck of the woods.. also a bonus as a future meet and greet!Exchanging PM's at that point has lead to some good insight to what's going on in my neighborhood I may not have been aware of.

I look at age when there may be a topic that gets pounced on by our forum bullies just to know what level of experience a member may have and how to address them appropriately.

I could care less what anyone shoots, or what gender some of you claim to be,lol