biggest one ive seen on the cam yet

oblivitar

He gets spooked as soon as the cam turns on but is you pause it right in the beginning you can see how big he is. It doesnt look like hes in velvet either.How old would you guys say he is ? I dont normally see deer this size around here in plattekill

And then we have this small guy.....long spike

What a blur. Interesting how that camera spooks them. I think i would say he is a 3.5 . He looks a bit spindly and i suppose he could just as easily be a really nice 2.5 but i think he is still in velvet and may put a bit more growth on. Looks like he may be a 9.

• Like 1

nys thruway is right behind there

I've had the opportunity to hunt near the Thruway and i have a theory that the next NY record will come within a mile of it. Not really serious but i wouldn't be surprised. I know of a half dozen real woppers that have called that turf home until they got shot.

maybe 3 or really good 2year old, try turning the camera 90 degrees, he didn't get old by being dumb. the big ones i get on cam learn to avoid the camera by walking behind it or off to the side of it, sometimes a simple turn will get u another picture especially if its in a funnel area where they have to walk through it.

• Like 1

He is going to be a tough one to get a shot on, seems very shy and is the main reason he is still around. They get smarter as they age and this one is going to be a tough one to target, may be he will let his gaurd down during the rut!!! Good luck Oblivitare, hope to see you with him later this year!!!