Interesting Youth Season Spot on News

phade

Just an update, I was talking to DEC today and the bill that would do away with the youth hunt still has not reached the Gov's desk. Sounds to me like the youth hunt is probably going to go on as scheduled.

NYON just published an article saying it had recently reached the Gov. desk...so the clock is now ticking.

Curious to see who is right. If it were anything less than a Regional Mgr....I call it suspect. NYON usually deals with the Admin in Albany.

Edited by phade

This kind of stuff should not happen, to allow special interest groups and politics interfere with wildlife management is outrageous......the whole crossbow / antler restriction / youth hunt debate is dividing hunters instead of making us stronger....I will not be renewing my NYB membership after this year, but if the youth hunt gets squashed, I will use that weekend to take my son up to sight in all 10 of our rifles, my vacation I took to take my son hunting will not be wasted!!

NYON just published an article saying it had recently reached the Gov. desk...so the clock is now ticking.

Curious to see who is right. If it were anything less than a Regional Mgr....I call it suspect. NYON usually deals with the Admin in Albany.

Hmmm. none of the state sites show any activity on it since it was referred to ENCON. I havent looked at the NYODN site lately.

• 2 weeks later...

I got my renewal notice for NYBowhunter's today, sorry to say I won"t be renewing. Although I supported their stance on keeping crossbow's out of the Archery season for able bodied hunter's, I am unhappy with their fight to squash a youth hunt....my guess is they will lose more members this year then they bring in.....just my opinion.