I needed some inside info for this season...

Rev Ev

Cool. I hope some loser doesn't shoot the thing this season on a canned hunt somewhere.

This is at Walking with the Whitetails just south of Rochester. Their bucks are pets and breeders, they don't release them to hunt. They also don't let you get their sheds either, I picked up one of the racks that was over 350" and it weighed a ton. I couldn't imagine lugging it around.

It's kinda surreal to be surrounded by deer that you otherwise chase all fall. Something isn't quite right when i sit down in the middle of 15 fawns and they lick you.

This is at Walking with the Whitetails just south of Rochester. Their bucks are pets and breeders, they don't release them to hunt. They also don't let you get their sheds either, I picked up one of the racks that was over 350" and it weighed a ton. I couldn't imagine lugging it around.

It's kinda surreal to be surrounded by deer that you otherwise chase all fall. Something isn't quite right when i sit down in the middle of 15 fawns and they lick you.

Dont get much better than that. 350 inches?? I would have to see that one!!

They do sell some of their bucks. Theres a guy in Richmond that bought some bucks and does from them for his new high fence operation.

From what Sandy there told me, they don't sell their breeders, just the fawns. They have about 15 male fawns right now. This guy I'm feeding is Jake. Funny thing about him is he has an extremely large over bite so his tongue is always hanging out.

Yep, they sold yearling bucks to the guy. The ones you get to see in the pens are breeders, etc. They have more pens that you cant go into because the bucks in them are aggressive.

Heres Jake with my daughter last year

2011-09-03_14-31-33_948.jpg

Not sure if this guy is the one that used to wear the antlers you held...

2011-09-03_14-34-22_668.jpg

Maybe this one?

2011-09-03_14-29-18_217.jpg

Its definitely a fun place to go. Planning on taking the kids again this year.