IF you like to have guns and ammo you better read this fellow ny's

This was sent from my local gun shop to me via facebook ''oakwood trading post''

The Cuomo administration and legal counsel from the NYSP are working together to prepare anti-gun law's for the legislature's next session!

On it are the following -TOTAL BAN on AR-15 style rifle's

Microstamping

10 day waiting period

1 gun a month

ammunition background check

and immediate revocation of Pistol License upon involuntary committment.

Food for though peep's - they are being reviewed and patiently await the finished product!

this is bullshit... i cant believe they do this crap

Sigh.... When are they going to learn that disarming law abiding citizens does not help anything?

Also, you can't make ILLEGAL guns MORE ILLEGAL.

None of these laws will do anything but make people like me jump through hoops to protect myself and my family, and to enjoy my hunting and shooting activities.

Criminals will get their hands on guns when they want to, CRIMINALS DO NOT FOLLOW THE LAW! BY THEIR VERY DEFINITION!

Edited by SteveNY
  • Like 1

I've taken an oath to try to hold onto what's left of my sanity and not discuss religion or politics on this board anymore. That being said, you really shouldn't worry about this till after the November election. Right now the State Senate is controlled by the Republican Party, nothing like what was mentioned above could get through it.

• Like 1

And remember, most bills that propose radical change are written merely for posturing. Their authors know they have no chance of actually going through the legislation, they just want to be able to say they are tough on (insert FOTW topic).

And also, I'm sure that "oakwood trading post" has a Bat Phone to the Governor's inner circle and knows exactly what he is planning, but just in case there was static on the line and he didn't quite hear the message correctly, lets wait till a bill is actually introduced before panicking.

Its not like a gun store would have anything to gain by getting people all worked up. Well, unless they sell "AR-15 style rifles"...

Edited by Sogaard

A quote from President George Washington,

A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.

How times have changed.

• Like 2

Guess I will be going shoping,I do not own a AR or any rifle near that cal.I do know this these folk's are going to have a hard time taking my/our right to own and use firearm's.I may be a Redneck gun toting hillbillie piece of crap but will not let them tell me that I can not use these when i want to legaly.

.....Half the store is AR rifles.....

I guess my sarcasm was a little too subtle. :(

And to Dom, most bolt-action deer rifles fire a much more powerful round than the average AR-style. Its just the fact that they are semi-auto and availability of large, after-market, magazines that people have a problem with. Personally, I agree with the latter part of that.

Edited by Sogaard

And to Dom, most bolt-action deer rifles fire a much more powerful round than the average AR-style. Its just the fact that they are semi-auto and availability of large, after-market, magazines that people have a problem with. Personally, I agree with the latter part of that.

Wasn't subtle, but another store that doesn't sell them is also talking about the new proposals, so I don't think its only the AR-15 guys that are worried. Edited by jr.deerslayer

I am not to big in to rifle's so I prob should have worded different.Never realy hunted with them just target shooting .I live in a shot gun only area for deer hunting.With that said it does not matter what kind of law's they want to shake us with we are not criminal's and the one's that are will stiil get them.

I posted a link to the NRA website a week or two ago or so on a different topic. They are trying to pass law for I believe the county to ban bulk ammunition sales over the internet. However, the bill says you can buy up to and including 1,000 rounds of any caliber however it has to be from a dealer, you have to show ID and the dealer has to report the caliber and amount of ammo bought to the local law enforcement.. However people have been trying to ban AR type rifles for a long time now and succeeded on certain areas, (large mags etc...) I hope this will not happen.if so I will buy a burrial tube from cheaper than dirt and hide my AR in the back yard just in case SHTF!!!!

Wasn't subtle, but another store that doesn't sell them is also talking about the new proposals, so I don't think its only the AR-15 guys that are worried.

I'm just saying, gun dealers have the most to gain by giving people the impression that soon they may not be able to purchase X and Y anymore. I would suggest taking everything with a grain of salt until after the elections when the legislature goes back to work and can actually do something.

Edited by Sogaard

In New York State, the police have no duty to provide police protection to any particular individual. The Courts in New York have held that "generally, a municipality may not be held liable for the failure to provide police protection because the duty to provide such protection is owed to the public at large, rather than to any particular individual" (Conde v. City of New York, 24 AD3d 595, 596 [2005]; see Cuffy v. City of New York, 69 NY2d 255, 260 [1987]).

As the Chair of the Public Safety Committee of Manhattan Community Board 12. I will be holding a Public Hearing in September 2012 on NYS Senate Bill S1427 & S1863 with an emphasis on self-defense education & firearm training for women.

Bill S1427 PURPOSE: This proposed constitutional amendment would provide within the New York State Constitution for a right of the people to keep and bear arms for traditionally recognized purposes

Bill S1863 PURPOSE: This legislation would remove a gun licensing officer's ability to deny or restrict the issuance of licenses to law abiding citizens who have successfully undergone the state's strict application process and appropriate New York State and Federal Bureau of Investigations fingerprint background check required under law. In addition, this bill will conform New York State law to current ATF requirements regarding background checks for firearms transfers.

September 12, 2012 at 6:30 PM at Isabella, 515 Audubon Avenue New York, NY 10040. If you live in New York State feel free to take a look at the information that I will be presenting as well as sign my on-line petition included at the link below. I hope that you will come out and support me as I support you. Fraternally.

http://cavalierknight.com/documents.html

I would be more concerned about the same things on a federal level after November if things do not change hands in Washington. As far as the involuntary admission, when you purchase a firearm, that question is asked on the form. If you put yes, see how fast you are refused or at the least delayed. So, that is nothing really new.