Safety harnesses

crappyice

Why do safety harnesses have an expiration date? Five years after purchase it is supposed to be replaced even if it has not been thankfully deployed during a fall. I'm sure none of us on this board have done this, but do you know anyone who has ignored the expiration and used it after the date? ny chance that person needed it through a fall? How'd it hold up?

Goggle it. Polyester looses it's strength over time. Studies show about 8% in 100 washings. I would also think uv rays might be a factor.

Cool. I wear mine under my jacket, in the pines and NEVER wash it!! Shoulda/coulda last 200 years? <grin>

Edited by Lawdwaz
  • Like 2

I am pleasantly surprised by your responses. I thought for sure I was gong to get a lot of "safety should be the number one priority and all packaging must be followed" - I agree but this one does not make any sense. Don't tell but I also remove that tag on couches and mattresses. Living on the edge!

I am pleasantly surprised by your responses. I thought for sure I was gong to get a lot of "safety should be the number one priority and all packaging must be followed" - I agree but this one does not make any sense. Don't tell but I also remove that tag on couches and mattresses. Living on the edge!

One leg over the guard rail..................

Yeh, taking the tags off mattresses will get u time, lol. Now there's one that don't make sense.

Would think it's more important to check for fraying stitches and damage to the webbing. The videos that come with the stands all go into that. They also tell u not to leave a tree stand out for more than 2 weeks, know who does that?

Edited by landtracdeerhunter