send letters for crossbows in NY

Putting one "in the books is irrelevent to me!"

That's fine.

But they are still The Rules of Fair Chase.

Seemingly the rules of "fair chase" were amended when compound bows were first introduced as well as in line muzzleloaders.

Actually the rules weren't amended I believe until 1988 ..... nearly 25 years after the introduction of the compound bow... that is when P&Y first defined a hunting bow... they allowed compounds in without much resistance before then... well.. there was resistance from trad bow hunters.. but none from P&Y... not nearly the scrutiny they have given crossbows

Granted, they look different, you shoot them slightly differently, but they have a similar effective range, shoot similar projectiles using the same method of propulsion. They are all classified as archery equipment, so the simplest way to implement them would be for all archery equipment to be in archery season.

Dont try to use the late ML season tactic on me, because I feel that scoped inline MLs dont belong in the late season because their range is equal to and in alot of cases, superior to that of a slug gun. Late season should be kept to the types of MLs with shorter range, and/or iron sights only.

Granted, they look different, you shoot them slightly differently, but they have a similar effective range, shoot similar projectiles using the same method of propulsion. They are all classified as archery equipment, so the simplest way to implement them would be for all archery equipment to be in archery season.

Dont try to use the late ML season tactic on me, because I feel that scoped inline MLs dont belong in the late season because their range is equal to and in alot of cases, superior to that of a slug gun. Late season should be kept to the types of MLs with shorter range, and/or iron sights only.

That stuff dont confront me..i like to use a bow all season..and whaddya know..i can get along and still hunt my  way with shotgunners..hmm..how is it possible..

That stuff dont confront me..i like to use a bow all season..and whaddya know..i can get along and still hunt my  way with shotgunners..hmm..how is it possible..

LOL, I dont know  ;D

Why stop there?

If all archery equipment should be lumped together, then all firearms should be lumped together.  After all, they all "shoot similar projectiles using the same method of propulsion."  We just need to control the range differences....easy enough with a few new regs.

No need for any special MZ season, when we extend your logic.

Why stop there?

If all archery equipment should be lumped together, then all firearms should be lumped together.  After all, they all "shoot similar projectiles using the same method of propulsion."  We just need to control the range differences....easy enough with a few new regs.

No need for any special MZ season, when we extend your logic.

So then do archery the same way as the gun seasons, like Culver is saying. Heres my proposal:

Archery season starts Oct1, all archery equipment allowed until the second Friday in Nov, then Primitive archery (longbows, recurves) only until the third Friday in Nov, at which time regular firearms starts, same as it is now, and then 1 week of primitive ML (Iron sights only) and archery after the regular season.

not nearly the scrutiny they have given crossbows

BECAUSE..... (everyone say it with me now).....crossbows are not the same as bows.

Even a child understands that they are different.

Hence the name.. crossBOW ... Other than its limbs, string, and arrows how could one possibly think it was a bow... wow that is odd ::) ... ;)

So then do archery the same way as the gun seasons, like Culver is saying. Heres my proposal:

Archery season starts Oct1, all archery equipment allowed until the second Friday in Nov, then Primitive archery (longbows, recurves) only until the third Friday in Nov, at which time regular firearms starts, same as it is now, and then 1 week of primitive ML (Iron sights only) and archery after the regular season.

Perfect.  You have my full support.

Perfect.  You have my full support.

I dont even know what to say... ???