Bow Holder for tree and also one for your ATV, suggestions?

burmjohn

I'm looking for a bow holder for my tree, and also for my ATV.  Any suggestions?

I'll have a few stands pretty far in, so for the first 1/2 mile I'll ride the ATV in (up hill) then walk the rest in.  I was also thinking of just getting a nice rubber coated (actually have one in the garage I can take up) for the tree stand.  I remember someone on here saying they used one of their tree steps as a bow holder and it cracked their cam, so I want to be careful.

I have the Mad Dog Atv bow grip pro on the front rack.

Secures to the tubular rack, they claim it can also mount anywhere.

Bow limbs nest in rubber grips and are secured fairly well with velcro belts.

Word of warning - If your trail/path is flat, then these are great.

If it is uneven, with rocks or potholes - these will transfer every ATV vibration to your bow.

Think everyone has those screw-in, center pivot, 2 pc "goodie" holder for the tree stand.

• 3 weeks later...

I have several of the tree screw in holder to hang the bow and or backpack in the tree . I also have a 24 inch bow hanger that screwinto the tree. It also has 3 clips on it to hang your calls etc. When I had a ATV I had a bow hanger on the streering handles of the ATV. But did not like that I then change to a hard plastic case that I mounted over the back wheels.

I was going to ask the question about using a bow holder on an ATV as I have yet to transport my bow that way . I have seen the Gator Grips , etc .. I guess I would be concerned about what the vibration would do to the accessories ( sight , arrow rest , arrows , etc ) . I think I will stick to walking and use the ATV for retrieving .

those swivel bow holders are all i use, i love them... every stand i hunt has one. you can actually leave your bow on the hook and guge the bow with a walking deer and take the bow off fast when ready to shoot so your not holding 100% of the bow weight for a long period of time.

I ordered one of those bow / gun holders off ebay.  It looks nice, and its all rubber, with these rubber bands that hold the bow/gun on.  I think I might get one of these bow holders for the stand, I did toss 2 of those rubber coated hooks in my hunting backpack already for this season.  This way depending on what stand I hunt I can screw one in.  Not sure which stand I'll call my home for bow yet :)

As for a treestand bow hanger , I bought one at Dick's at the end of season last year . It has 3 screw in adaptors that you can screw into trees . The hanger mounts on these so when you from from stand to stand , you leace the adaptors and just move the bracket .

http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?i=401040&pdesc=HME_Products_Better_Bow_Hanger&aID=503H5&merchID=4006

John....that was me with the cam....it was a one piece screw in that had the traction surface like a file....it filed a notch in the cam. I solved it by putting electrical shrink tube over them.

I really like the 2 piece pivot ones though...gotta get a few of those

I bought some of those rubber coated screw in's for now.  Then maybe once the season is over and the sales are going on I'll pickup a few of those nice swing arm's.  I figured the rubber ones should be ok for the bow and gear for now.