What a shot

Hoyt 300

First let me tell you my situation. I shoot year round,Indoor 3D and 5 Spot,Outdoor field archery out to 80 yards.I live in the woods 1000 ft off the road The nearest house is 1/4 mile away.

Now the story. On Monday there was no work, I went out early to my favorite stand saw 7 Doe no shots.Came in for lunch, took a nap. Overslept got dressed and was headed out at 4:00 pm. Grabbed my Bow took 2 steps off the front porch and there were 3 Doe in the yard at I guessed 50 yards.1 small 1 medium and a mature Doe. They just looked at me, I slowly pulled out the rangefinder and 52 yds. I just stood there(didn't want to spook them) They just stood there eating some unmowed lawn. I took an arrow out of the quiver, nocked it ( no movement from the Deer) I drew settled my 50 yd pin on the mature Doe and pulled the trigger. Thwack . Instantly I thought that was stupid. The Doe took off. I slowly walked to where she had been and there was the arrow, a clean pass through, Bright red blood. I waited about an hour. About 20 feet from where I found the arrow the first drop of blood as I tracked they became closer, After 20 yds there was blood everywhere. I found her 60 yds from where I shot her . Heart shot. Now keep in mind I practice alot and still was not 100% sure of this shot. I was on almost level ground the deer were not alarmed

Well congrats, but I would think such an accomplished archer might find a bit more satisfaction in a hunt well done over just another target.

Hey whats the difference... sitting in a raised 4X4 by 6 foot high box with a heater and listening to your Ipod and shooting a deer at 150 yards OR what the poster did with his bow off his front porch at 52 yards. Same thing.