Scale Suggestions?

phade

Been using a scale for archery (weight bh, arrows, etc.) for my BH209 measurements.

It needs to be calibrated after being off for a while and I don't have the weights...they were lost somewhere.

Is there a good scale with a modest price that can be suggested? Say under $100 but preferably in that $75 range. Not really wanting to spend that much to measure, but will if there's nothing worth while out.

I'm not familiar with calibrating scales, but as long as the scale works, could you borrow or use a rifle bullet say 100 grains or so to calibrate your scale? I'd think that would get you pretty close and would likely be accurate enough. It would save the cost of buying a whole new scale.

I'm not familiar with calibrating scales, but as long as the scale works, could you borrow or use a rifle bullet say 100 grains or so to calibrate your scale? I'd think that would get you pretty close and would likely be accurate enough. It would save the cost of buying a whole new scale.

Not a bad idea . Have it weighed on a calibrated scale before using . Some bullets can vary a grain or so . Mark it with a felt tip before weighing . I would try something like a 240 grain bullet if I were to do this .

I prefer using the Beam Scale but you could get a digital scale cheap . Here are a couple of possibilities from Midway Shooting Supplies . If you can find one of these in a gun / ammo supply store , it might be cheaper due to Midway's shipping costs .

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/658771/redding-2-master-magnetic-powder-scale-505-grain-capacity

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/175512/frankford-arsenal-ds-750-electronic-powder-scale-750-grain-capacity