hunting in high winds?

Kludes

I read an article a couple years back by a guy who actually had a logbook of over 400 whitetail hunts. He recorded everything including the weather conditions. The windy days had significantly less deer sightings. I had an amazing bow season last year myself. I saw deer pretty much every hunt. The windy days, not so much. Once in a while on a breezy day I'd see does milling around the edges of the corn field within the first couple rows. The guy in the article also mentioned that not one Pope and Young record buck was taken in winds greater than 15mph. The records increase gradually the less the recorded winds were. I wish I could remember where I read the article. I know they hunker down in the corn on the more windy days. My theory is that their hearing is greatly diminished when it's windy and they choose not to move much without all of their senses.

I read an article a couple years back by a guy who actually had a logbook of over 400 whitetail hunts. He recorded everything including the weather conditions. The windy days had significantly less deer sightings. I had an amazing bow season last year myself. I saw deer pretty much every hunt. The windy days, not so much. Once in a while on a breezy day I'd see does milling around the edges of the corn field within the first couple rows. The guy in the article also mentioned that not one Pope and Young record buck was taken in winds greater than 15mph. The records increase gradually the less the recorded winds were. I wish I could remember where I read the article. I know they hunker down in the corn on the more windy days. My theory is that their hearing is greatly diminished when it's windy and they choose not to move much without all of their senses.

uh, who is the dummy who wrote that? Apparently a bird brain....Kansas and other midwest states hardly have winds under 15 during hunting season. he must have inside info as to how all the hunters for eons have been killing book bucks there.

Yea behind my house I only have 30 acres 2 stands and playing the wind is not really an option so today shooting light almost done and out walks a doe 55+ yrds away upwind and I see her next the momma walks out and boy she was the biggest doe I ever seen thought she was a big buck until gotta good look at her ... Then they were real jumpy walking towards me with the wind howling over 25+ mph and it swirled a couple times put her nose up turned made there way out well so I thought now it was dark I went to get down and off goes a couple other white flags bounding away .... I guess seeing deer was good but the wind spoiled it for me as usual