Close Encounters

sampotter

Nice video sampotter...That Big Boy in the first clip is a real nice Buck, Best of luck gettin' him this season!...Replace the camera with the Bow...LOL

Sorry- should have been more clear- I had the bow in hand when he was at 20 but let him go as he is 2-3 years old.

BTW how is the GW working out for you? Haven't been able to get out in it yet beside practicing in the yard a bit. Plan on doing some sits in Ohio with it.

Phade- I shot a doe out of it 2 weeks ago. She was on my right side meaning I had to twist around a bit. It felt awkward from the waist down but I felt rock solid. The GW is more bulky and heavy than my Tree Saddle but I sat in the TS the other night and was reminded within 5 minutes of just how much more comfortable the GW is. Also- I figured out how to silence the buckles using ponytail elastics. I'll have to post a picture. I too am going to Ohio from 11/3-11/9. Hocking Hills.

is this your land or a lease?

Nice footage.

Sounds like you were even kinda noisy and they didn't spook.I had them spook before when my release made a tiny little click.

No lease, just permission. The microphone on the camera picks up a lot of noise and makes some things sound a lot louder than they are. If you listen closely in the 2nd video you can even hear the zoom go in and out. You can't hear that at all when using it. I am going to try to mess with the settings so it doesn't do that. We'll see- I only paid $200 for it.

Phade- I shot a doe out of it 2 weeks ago. She was on my right side meaning I had to twist around a bit. It felt awkward from the waist down but I felt rock solid. The GW is more bulky and heavy than my Tree Saddle but I sat in the TS the other night and was reminded within 5 minutes of just how much more comfortable the GW is. Also- I figured out how to silence the buckles using ponytail elastics. I'll have to post a picture. I too am going to Ohio from 11/3-11/9. Hocking Hills.

Nice, I bought the bridge kit on AT, and it makes a big difference when needing to spin/twist. I don't think it reduces comfort much at all, and you can twist pretty much the same as if in a TS. I spent $30 on it, but you can probably piece it together for $15 or so.

One thing that's annoying me is the platform options..I have tried a variety of screw ins and I'm getting "squeaks" often when having to move. Tried in with my Alpas and some lace up boots. I haven't been able to find Ameristep ratchet steps for a decent price yet, since they are like gold being out of production. Climb paws look nice, but awkward to carry. It's not bad, but annoying sometimes. Comfy as can be, though, for sure.

You'll be south of me a bit...good luck. Lots of good bucks down that way. Going solo or with others? Some big country down there.