Mock Rub Version 3

sampotter

Cool vid what did you use for a sent on the tree? If anything.

No scent- just made it look like the real deal. It helps that its out in the open too. I left out all the extra doe footage. They are as interested in it as the bucks. I put some Smokey's Preorbital gland lure on the licking branch on the last check, so we'll see what that does.

Edited by sampotter

That is a cool video. Was it just my eyes or did the fox pee on the tree?

Yes- just like a dog. There were 2 other fox visits and they peed/pooped there too.

I bet I know where you're stand is set up.

25 yards to the left of the rub tree. I shot the buck in my avatar there in 2008 from the ground.

That is cool! You just cut a tree or branch and buried correct? You did not plant a live tree and rootball?

Yes- my neighbor asked me to cut a bunch of aborvitaes(white cedar) down around his house. His son (who thinks he is the great white hunter) had planted them as a teenager. I knew just what to do with them. Kind of poetic.

Another great video Sampotter!...Deer are so awesome to watch and learn. I like when the one Buck is rubbing the tree and the other one comes over and they start to spare...cool stuff...Lots of Bucks rubbing, scrapping and urinating all over those tarsal glands very nice to see...What type of camera are you using?