Rochester taxidermist? Recommendations?

TheTruth2

Matt Cantrell posts here but he is west side...IIRC you are east side somewhere?

Dream Season...she's AWESOME. Absolutely AWESOME.

Taxidermy is not something I would cheap out on. If it is mountable...I'd go with the best available in your opinion, regardless of price. This is hanging on your wall forever.

Edited by phade

Scorza certainly has the Rochester and beyond Reputation but i must say that i've met just as many unhappy customers of his as i have happy ones. Not sure why that is, just sayin'. I have a diamond in the ruff taxidermist who i would put up against anyone in the area. Dave Parnell out of Caledonia. He's done at least 20 mounts for friends and family, including my profile pic. He'll probably be in the $350 range and he will personally do your mount. Also i have had most of my mounts back by Valentines day. Give me a PM if you are interested..

Matt's got this year's one going. He looks like he is doing a great job at it too, from the pics he sent me.

He's also been great at communication - which is one area I find many taxi's fail to do well.

post-575-0-74365700-1351603697_thumb.jpg

Edited by phade

I would recommend Anthony Scorza in East Rochester. I know many who only use him, and they have had great results. He has been around forever. He did my mount last year, I dropped it off this time last year and had it back mid January. He charges more than others, but I will not go anywhere else. It is worth the money. Good luck on your choice, and hope you get a great mount.

post-1623-0-97015900-1351603810_thumb.jp post-1623-0-27174300-1351603865_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Very possible. I heard the same thing a few years back...I know he does them out of his house when he does. Dave's a nice guy.

He lives right down the road from me Moog...maybe 1/4 mile...if that.

That's what I was told Saturday by my cousin's uncle. Dave and I played football together in college. Haven't seen him in a long time.