hows sandy treating you

Dan92

Well had power throughout storm so I decided yesterday if go drop my generator off to my parents and.literally not 30 minutes later Lipa shut my power off to work on poles and never turned us back on... So nice of you lipa thank you!! What crap...

Well had power throughout storm so I decided yesterday if go drop my generator off to my parents and.literally not 30 minutes later Lipa shut my power off to work on poles and never turned us back on... So nice of you lipa thank you!! What crap...

Take it back :)

Still no power in Oyster Bay. 100+ year old trees toppled like dominoes. Wires down all over the place but roads are finally cleared along 25A and 107/106. Got power today in Mineola but dangerous driving there. Gas stations either running out of gas or long long lines. Thank God filled up both cars on Monday. Be safe all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recovering in Huntington. So many poles and tree's down it's unreal. Passed on a Doe sunday, yes I hunted on sunday in the high winds in Brookhaven. I contemplated hunting yesterday but decieded on clean up instead... Had to host the shower party... Only lost a back window and a boat tarp. Now everyone is over my house because I have power, tv, internet and hot showers... Kinda sucks because I am at work, lol...

This kills my hunting trip for next week yet i hope I can take 2 straight weeks to track down a monster, hopefully in the snow if present... Good luck all, be safe.

Posted Today, 08:58 AM

I was able to find a guy (well its no guarantee till he shows up at my door) that is coming with a dump truck and a machine to yank the stump. Called at least 30 people, either they are not doing stumps this month or they are trying to charge an arm and a leg. This guy was reasonable and available to come this afternoon. But again, nothing is solid till he is here yanking it out.

That trees stumps effected a public walk way....doesn't the town handle that stuff free? How many ft from the center of the road to the tree does the town maintain as a right of way?

Edited by growalot

Just got power in Oyster Bay about 30 mins ago. No internet or cable though. But have movies to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope everyone else gets some progress......announced dates out to the 14th in some areas doesn't sound so good.

Cool up here for the first time Thug; deer moving a bit more this morning.

Two "once in a lifetime" hurricanes for me. Last year, my property in Schoharie County was hit hard. Lost a bridge to the main portion of the property. Im not in a low lying area, but I have three creeks that turned into rivers during the storm. The road was out and loads of trees down.

This year at my primary residence in Ocean City, NJ I took a direct hit from Sandy. The entire city was under water at one point. Working in public safety, I was forced to stay on the island for the storm in order to rescue those that refused to evacuate. I worked three days with no sleep. Luckily the building I was in when the storm hit was at the highest part in the city. The most amazing thing was when the eye passed over there was no wind for about 30 minutes. Attached are some pics. They are all between 4 and 8 hrs before the storm actually made landfall. I will try to get some pics of the aftermath. I'm definately looking forward to my vacation for the upcoming rifle season. Hopefully my stands didn't blow down!

fist time being able to get to a computer or out of my house for that fact.. still out of powerNYSEG said another 3 to 4 days until power is back... going to get out in the woods for a nice afternoon hunt.. i talked to a few guys coming out of the woods the other day before the storm said they have been watching a big 10 on thier trailcam... hopefully i get to him before they do :D... sandy on the other hand was a monster here.. whole town lost power.. not really near the coast so no flooding thank goodness

That trees stumps effected a public walk way....doesn't the town handle that stuff free? How many ft from the center of the road to the tree does the town maintain as a right of way?

Nope :(

"abutting property owners are responsible for the repair and maintenance of sidewalks, curbs, and trees along the roadway"

I myself and neighbors still without power here on the ridge,we wont get power untill wensday just in time for the storm to nock it out again.Thank god we have a generator this time,but at $40 dollars a day is crazy.