to the trespassers in volney.

arrow nocker

I have sole permission to hunt several properties and i found a bunch of stands hanging on them, I talked to the land owner and he said he has never given permission to hunt to anybody and to please bring him the stands, A couple days later i was stopped talking to the land owner when this white suv comes flying in the driveway, The guy gets out and starts screaming at the land owner cussing and down right being a jerk. The land owner told him because of the way he acted he wasn't getting his stands back. The guy called the police and the cops did nothing about it, They said unless he could prove the stands were his and they were not on the wrong property they weren't his in the eyes of the law, Since then i have never seen another stand on the property other than mine and have never had a problem with trespassing, Moral of the story is unless you want another hunter to be happy with all their new stands stay where you have permission,

I own 30 acres and my neighbor owns 5. He is abutting 900+ acres of state land. Last year opening morning gun season my brother in law and I had to chase two hunters both from the 5 acre camp off my land. Funny thing was they weren't hunting together but they were both headed for the same spot (My spot!). I went to the landowner of the five acres and he was very understanding and said he would have a talk with all of "his guys". He has got countless sons and nephews and their friends so they are constantly tresspassing especially when he is not there. Hope he can work it out.

Unfortunately being nice will never work. Maybe one warning then get the police involved and prosecute. Once word gets out that you're serious, these guys will stop.

We had to do this once. After trying to be nice and then almost getting into a fist fight with two d-bags they still came onto our well posted land. (Balls) We called police and fortunatly a state trooper and a DEC officer were right in the area. They caught the two d-bags coming out of the property. They got tagged for trespass having a loaded gun in their car and one for hunting with out a license. Not many problems since

He also said they didn't think we used the land anymore because I sold my camper at top of property when my buddy bought the house down on the road. They had no problem trespassing when they thought no one was there even though my property is posted. Also I found a trail camera and tree stand they had out that I had them remove. This attitude seems to be popular with these younger guys that don't respect anything or anyone but hopefully my neighbor will straighten these guys out so I don't have to get authorities involves. Hope you're wrong ants

Funny just talked to a guy who borders me. He has about 300 acres and a trespassing problem. Local people who have put game cameras, blinds and ride atv's through the property.

They just don't give a shit when confronted. The law has to play into this on for sure.

• Like 1

My property is surrounded by Amish. I saw an amish kid shoot a doe with a gun during bow season. I didn't catch the kid, but I did recover the gut shot deer the next day and tagged it. I told my Amish neighbor to put he word out that nobody is allowed on my property until the person comes to me and says it will never happen again. Nobody came forward , so no trespassing since.They only need to be told once, problem solved.

not a whole lot of people post about illegal stuff or if they're the type to hunt illegally are they the type going on message boards looking for advice etc. I also find it funny that a lot of you keep throwing out "i hunt what i want and that's my business" but then post several times a day on a public forum. lol.

so because she says she hunts and shoots what she wants, she is not allowed to post on a public forum. You sure seem to have time to respond to them all. What is the difference other than you think you are a better hunter and your opinion counts more?

We removed 4 buckets when we reposted it before i took it over.Found a spot where some dirt bag sat there and left a bag full of budwiser cans and soda bottles and a bunch of candy wrappers and snack wrappers.Left the chair there and everything.It was a mess.I will get it cleaned up after season when i aint lugging in and out gear.Found a rock where they left a cushion and a bunch of bush cans.So this evidence shows its more than one person.

I think i can eradicate this situation tho.They Know my presence is in there now.

And i know that a lott of people search the forums weather they are tresspassers or not.This time of year people are searching the web to see what kind of bucks are being taken in their area.More than you might think.Its a one month fad for some people.Some people just hunt gun and usually just put a few days in.They depend on drives and hunt in groups.Then they talk the hunt talk when hanging around other people.Seen it many times.These are the guys i usually had problems with on another parcel i used to hunt.They like to drive the posted land with some younger guys and have some shooters of on thier land.Then when you catch the driver on your land he says "i was lost.sorry.wont do it again."mean while they are dragging out that 5pt you passed on during archery.

Don't get me wrong.I ain't stereotyping.There is more etiquette hunters out there than slob(i hope).Just know how the slobs can act.I have know many through my years.Some like to brag about that buck they shot on the neighbor track.hell.....hahaha.one night had a guy brag about hiding from dec and gutting a deer in the dark.Ya.......wanna join my hunt camp?hahahaha

Any how no i am just venting.

• Like 1

I get that if the stand is on your land, then it's yours....legally. However, you may have to live next to these people for quite a few years. My wife and I are only 28 planning to build in a few years. Starting a turf war is far from what we want. When I shoot a deer and it runs onto their property, I'd like to go recover it. If I cut their stand down, I have a feeling tracking deer onto their property will be 'off limits'. There has to be some compromise that has worked for someone.

Ya but thats where the neighborly thing comes in to play.If you take his stand to him and say"here.I don't want you on my land.Thank you."You arent starting a turf war.but is some guy that know the neighbor comes off his land and just hunts where he wants.Then yes.Time to be mean.And keep his stuff.

i am cool with all the neighbors already.And i know who hunts and who doesn't.i know who is not allowed where and such.I am not into turf wars.But some people don't care about boundries.So you have to handle that situation a little different.If they just keep trespassing your land after you gave them their stand back and tried to be civil then you get mean.Most of the time the civil thing works.They usually have the same problem.And the neighbors can work it out by watching out for each others land.Kinda like how and area where a bunch of farms all practice qdm.They all work together.It's very possible.But sometimes you have to be mean to the ones that aren't in that neighborly agreement.

so because she says she hunts and shoots what she wants, she is not allowed to post on a public forum. You sure seem to have time to respond to them all. What is the difference other than you think you are a better hunter and your opinion counts more?

you're missing my point as usual. if you dont want others to comment on your hunting style/ethics/goals then dont post them. and if you do and someone disagrees you shouldn't get all bent out of shape. you posted and you're now subject to a debate.

We removed 4 buckets when we reposted it before i took it over.Found a spot where some dirt bag sat there and left a bag full of budwiser cans and soda bottles and a bunch of candy wrappers and snack wrappers.Left the chair there and everything.It was a mess.

been there. nothing makes me more upset. On one hand, you're making it easy to catch you. On the other you're polluting the outdoors you're in and enjoying.

Posted Yesterday, 07:03 AM

My wife and I bought 17 acres last summer. While we were marking the boundaries out with GPS I noticed a neighbors stand 10yds on our side. Few weeks later we were hanging the posted signs and the neighbor comes through the woods all torqued up. I politley explained to him that the stand was on our land and asked him to move it. It's still there 1.5 years later. I'll give it until this summer and it's getting cut down.

This is not said to get into a -issing match...that said

A month ago we just went through this with ppl logging...logger flagged line...all our posted signs ..before this...magically had landed on the ground...we hired a surveyor before logging...OK

I call logger and asked how did you determine the line...compass Why that and not GPS?

Because unless you have a 10,000 unite they can be way off....

this is the same thing the surveyor said...well the logger was way off on front of line and pretty close on the rest...middle to back...

So you guys with GPS...please take note....they are not legal survey...just saying

They usually have the same problem.And the neighbors can work it out by watching out for each others land.Kinda like how and area where a bunch of farms all practice qdm.They all work together.It's very possible.But sometimes you have to be mean to the ones that aren't in that neighborly agreement.

I tried the face to face nice...made my life hell... then went to ..you have know idea what nasty is....let me school you...after a few years of that I gradually went to the face to face firm but nice...now most ppl around me are all out looking out for each other...ppl are seeing more and bigger buck...less gut shot and wounded deer put down...it's some times a process..there's always at least one jerk in the bunch ...but they find the hassle of dealing with the authorities not worth it...and just verbally make AH's of them selfs

Every areas different on what one need to use as an approach...

wish some one would leave a brand new Lone Wolf climber on my land.

Man I wish that too. They are always the 30 pounders though.lol

You can tell when a guy is truly lost. They will usually be very respectful and sorry the guys I don't believe are the ones that say they are lost then turn and head right for the correct property.

in my county and most i thought, when you buy land they are legally required to survey it. the seller pays for this, so utilize it. I bought 5 acres with my house and it was very helpful. Found a bunch of neighbors lawns had crept onto my land over the years. the previous owner had the land for 37 years so i'm sure nobody ever knew. Now i'm in a predicament where one neighbor walks a good 200' onto my land to dump grass clippings. 5 acres is not a lot and he's about 200' from my stand. sticky situation.

My father paid around $500 i think this summer to survey 30 acres as we have hunters on all side and there were some debates on where the lines were. I felt it was a good investment, but it's important to maintain good relations as you dont want to shoot a nice buck only to have it die on someone’s land and have them deny you access. it happens.

this may be a stupid question as I am from NH & here if it is not posted you can legally hunt it without permission but if asked or told to leave you must do so

when in NY we only hunt State land but I was under the assumption posted or not you need written permission

I personally in No way hunt without it even here in NH

posted or not posted.It is trespassing.It used to define it in the NY rules and regulations magazine you can get a the store where you get your license.If it isn't marked that is is public land it is owned by someone.If you don't have permission from that someone,you are illegally trespassing.The owner can press charges even though it isn't posted.