hope all of these guys are still around come opening day

sidewinder

ok does nobody see what appears to be a white blob on top of the concrete block in the last picture the one with the buck standing right over it?? Where is WNY moderator on this one? lol!! either way I dont care sorry to bring it up I am done!!

come on shooter you do care thats why you commented 3x . . . lol

so what is that white thing? what do you think?

• Like 1

thanks for the coments and as for bait it is a mineral lick that is set up about 5yards from a out shed. we do not hunt in this area just because it is so close to several out buildings. also the land owner pulls those licks at the start of gun season and will replace them at the end. never had a problem with this before and im sorry for any confusion or hard feelings. best of luck to all this up coming season.

thanks for the coments and as for bait it is a mineral lick that is set up about 5yards from a out shed. we do not hunt in this area just because it is so close to several out buildings. also the land owner pulls those licks at the start of gun season and will replace them at the end. never had a problem with this before and im sorry for any confusion or hard feelings. best of luck to all this up coming season.

100% illegal. I hope you get caught and fined.

ok let me get this straight.....

1 pics taken of deer while a salt lick is present is illegal? not sure why this would be illegal due to the fact that NO game was being HUNTED.

2 yes all stores sell supplements.... licks ingestable attractents ect..ect... but to have these present in the woods while you are hunting is illegal and is considered baiting and i agree with that statement but no hunting was taking place.

3 any and all attractants are removed before hunting on or near that said area so where is the problem?

i understand that the idea of baiting does not set well with some and i know the law as it is written. i DO NOT hunt or purseue game over bait. i do follow all rules and regs as far as baiting are concerned. if a land owner wishes to place these items out during the course of a year that is NOT ILLEGAL. if i chose to NOT remove those BAITS and hunted while they where there that WOULD be ILLEGAL.

Baiting—It is illegal to hunt with the aid of bait or over any baited area when hunting big game, upland game birds, turkey or waterfowl.

To hunt—means to pursue, shoot, kill or capture (other than trap) wildlife and includes all lesser acts that disturb or worry wildlife whether or not they result in taking. Hunting also includes all acts to assist another person in taking wildlife.

now just so that i am on the same page.......... what laws if any have been broken?

the only hunting in the above pics was done by a camera.

if I am in the wrong here then i am in the WRONG and will do what is needed to do so as NOT to be in the WRONG

thank you for all of your comments and suggestions

http://www.dec.ny.go...imals/7197.html

See text in red

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

thank you and seeing how i am in the wrong i will show this(rule and reg) to the land owner.

even though it is NO excuse i was more concerned with the rules and regs of the hunting asspect of it not an entire wildlife summery.........but thank you for showing me why and rest assured it will be taken care of today. again my thanks to all for comments left.

I'd have to check it out, but I would guess that the bait issue is related to hunting purposes only. I have not checked the wording of the law, but I believe that some kind of deer or bear or turkey, or game bird, hunting has to be involved before it is defined as "bait". However, the use of edible deer food attractants is still illegal in all circumstances because it is technically "feeding" which is illegal everywhere except in Sullivan County.

nice looking deer dont want to start a war here or make assumptions but is that some sort of bait pile in the last picture?? might want to take that one down!!

when I had asked the question about bait pile was more pertaining to have a pile of bait in front of a trail camera for photo purposes. Either way hunting or no hunting its illegal is it not??

when I had asked the question about bait pile was more pertaining to have a pile of bait in front of a trail camera for photo purposes. Either way hunting or no hunting its illegal is it not??

Yes it is illegal and has been covered on this site many times. You can not feed game any time of the year.