First Shot opening day at 6:22am

nybuckboy

depends on your area,for one.Sunrise is Different all across ny.

But in my are 7:03 was sunrise on OD.it was a 6:28 shot then.

Sunday it was 6:18.

I know at 6:28 i could see 50 yards but i couldn't see any back stop out at 100 or so,or some limbs that may mess that shot up and cause a ricochet.

my brother in law and i were hunting in penn yan today. we were talking at 6:30 when we heard first shot. both asked each other how anyone could see. it was getting light, but definately not shooting light. i think sunrise was a little after 7. i know someone that got a ticket for that. and he got the deer he shot taken away. lost a wall hanger.

my brother in law and i were hunting in penn yan today. we were talking at 6:30 when we heard first shot. both asked each other how anyone could see. it was getting light, but definately not shooting light. i think sunrise was a little after 7. i know someone that got a ticket for that. and he got the deer he shot taken away. lost a wall hanger.

Was his name Larry ? :girlcrazy: ... :girlcrazy: ... :girlcrazy:

Sunrise was 657 opening day for me. Didnt see what time todays was but a clear day like today in a field i was able to see perfectly down any lane at 640 without any aid (scope,binos). First shot was at 635, understandable. However opening day shots started in at 618. I could only see 15 yds infront of me in the woods. Now that was a little crazy, deer must have been right on top of them lol. Weather and location play a big role in the amount of light available, if people were responsible/safe/knowledgable enough we wouldnt have so many bs laws. Not that the legal shooting hrs is one of those, i understand why we need it. i do feel it could use some revision though.

Sunrise here was 7:09am, first shot was taken at 6:45 saturday. Sundays first shot was 6:40am.

These are the little things that tick me off big time.

Was out duck hunting last week and had some come into my setup 3 minute before legal shooting time and let them fly away. Maybe Im crazy but at least whatever I get is done by the rules that are set for ALL OF US.