Need some hunters' opinions

KMGodoy

I'm doing some graduate research on hunters' opinions on NYS wildlife management laws. I came up with an online questionnaire for NYS deer hunters. It's only 8 questions and shouldn't take more than 10 minutes to complete.

After browsing the forums today and seeing what's on here, I thought maybe some of you would be willing to help me out. My research isn't being published (it's just for a class) and all your answers will be anonymous and untraceable.

Here's the link:

If you can, please share the link with others. The more responses I get, the better.

Thank you!

Setup wanting hunters to admit to being violators.

the way i see it is 1) you shouldnt be hunting if you violate the laws for hunting and 2) your stupidity if you admit to breaking the laws

i took the survey no problem, nys should send one out every year

I'm taking a research methods course for my graduate degree in information technology. We were allowed to choose any topic to research and I chose hunting since my husband is an avid hunter and I was always interested in why some laws exist and how people feel about them. My profile has no information because I created my account specifically today to log in and post my survey link. I knew hunters on these forums have opinions, so that's why. At the end of the semester I will most likely delete my account. My survey is set up NOT to collect IP addresses or any personally identifying information. Don't take it if you feel uncomfortable.

Any more questions?

Sorry if I offended anyone. The reason I didn't post specifics about my project is because it reduces the chance of spontaneous responses. But, either way, your responses to the forum here are giving me an idea of your attitudes anyway. So thanks for the help!

Yes, I have a few -

Why ask the questions you asked, and why have them so open ended? In a scientific study, don't you want to get the most accuracte and description answers possible? You're questions are very, very broad, and seem to be more towards getting hunters to say they have broke laws, and so much whether they agree or disagree with certain laws... If you want specific answers, you have to have specific questions.

It's a QUALITATIVE research study, which focuses on opinion, open-ended questions, and making sense of phenomena. QUANTITATIVE research deals with numbers and specifics. And besides, would you really respond to a survey that asked: which laws do you violate? A, B, or C? I figured I'd get honest answers if the questions were broad and unidentifying.

Also, any open discussion you want to include in this thread regarding this topic will be helpful for me too. Not trying to hide anything. I'll even be glad to send you a copy of my report to anyone who wants it when I'm finished on Dec. 10. (Which, by the way, will NOT contain any names, usernames, etc.)

No thanks.

There is nothing positive to be gained by participating.

Only the possibility of negative conclusions.

I don't see the forum or NYS sportsman as being fodder for some unnecessary research paper

for a class project.

Edited by SteveB

Ha, I can imagine the huge headline in the PETA newsletter. Hunters admit to lawlessness .... lol.

Look, I'm not a big fan of surveys. We get phone calls all the time requesting our participation in various surveys. I will tell you the same thing I tell them......"No-thanks and don't bother me again". Your survey may very well be totally innocent and exactly everything that you say ..... or it may not. But I sure am curious about that particular line of questioning and the subject matter that you chose. I think it is something that should just be ignored and left alone. Sorry.

maybe my system is different. I wanted to see what the questions are. You can not get past the first question to see the others unless you answer. How did you guys not taking the survey know the questions if you did not take the survey? I just want to see the questions.