Pure Rediculousness

WhitetailAddict11

i honestly do not see anything wrong with these hunts... They are not doing anything wrong or illegal here. would i do it? prob not so i dont... some are for it some are not but at the end of the day if you dont like it then dont watch it. Those who pass it off as real hunting, well i just laugh but they are not breaking any rules so who cares.

Sure there isn't anything wrong with those types of hunts if you're being on the level about what type of hunting ouyr doing. I think the problem is more with trying to pass that type of hunting off as really "hunting". Like filming a TV show in a fenced area and trying to pass it off as hunting. It is no more hunting than catching trout in the swimming pool at the local sportsmans show is fishing. Might be fun, but it wouldn't be considered sportsman like. Although after watching kids fish in one of those pools for hours, banging fish in the nose with bait and never getting one to bite..maybe it is a bit more of a challenge than catching a hungry trout in an adirondack stream. lol

Always wondered if people would watch a real hunting show, fair chase hunting, does, smaller bucks being shot, real deer that the average hunter would likely shoot, I believe it would be a lot more about the hunt then the money shot on a monster deer, would sponsers jump on board, who knows, I believe the shows are about the fantasies of deer hunting, I would love to see a show about the average hunter, humm mabye a career change is in the future lol I wish

Sure there isn't anything wrong with those types of hunts if you're being on the level about what type of hunting ouyr doing. I think the problem is more with trying to pass that type of hunting off as really "hunting". Like filming a TV show in a fenced area and trying to pass it off as hunting. It is no more hunting than catching trout in the swimming pool at the local sportsmans show is fishing. Might be fun, but it wouldn't be considered sportsman like. Although after watching kids fish in one of those pools for hours, banging fish in the nose with bait and never getting one to bite..maybe it is a bit more of a challenge than catching a hungry trout in an adirondack stream. lol

was just going to say lol even in those instances they are not guarenteed a fish... I can see both sides in this but like I said it doesn't bother me one way or another. Bottom line, the guys doing these hunts pay top dollar and want results at the end of the day. To be completly honest, I don't watch hunting shows with guys hunting fenced operations. I watch shows where not only they kill big deer but also explain the logistics of their hunt. Ones where you learn from... So really we all have an option to watch or not. Yeah these things may piss some of us off but at the end of the day what are we really going to accomplish by always bashing high fence operations? They are not breaking any real rules. In will say this tho, if one owner has a high fence operation consisting of 300 acres and another consiting of 3000, to me adding a fence around 3k acres won't make it any easier of hunt but that's just my opinion.. There is still no guarentee.... But I also have a sideways smile when I see guys try and pass off a high fence operation as hunting.

which shows do the real hunts Geno? Those I would watch. I stay away from them mostly or if I am bored, I watch for the entertainment factor. I would like to see some real hunts though. The one I have found that is closest is Jim Shockey in his yukon land.

They always say the name of the "outfitter" or "hunting property" 100 times per show. Just Google the name and you find out what type of a hunt it probably was.

Yeah, I realize that with enough research, anyone can eventually find out what these hunts are really all about. But those non-hunters who have simply paused to view one of these things just out of curiosity is not going to launch an investigation to see if what we do is really being represented by these programs. The newbie hunter is probably not going to question what they see either. They just set their expectations on what is presented to them and most likely are set up for huge disappointment. In fact anyone watching these shows probably will do nothing more than watch them and form opinions based on exactly what they see. I also believe that the constant drumbeat of huge deer taken rather easily and quickly is having its effect on even more experienced hunters in terms of what their expectations and their demands are developing into.

which shows do the real hunts Geno? Those I would watch. I stay away from them mostly or if I am bored, I watch for the entertainment factor. I would like to see some real hunts though. The one I have found that is closest is Jim Shockey in his yukon land.

Benny Spies/Gun It is probably the most realistic show I've seen. It's not for everyone, bunch of 20-something rural Midwest hipsters hunting pheasants, ducks, & deer in South Dakota with the inevitable Winnebago race at the end of each episode, but I find it entertaining. I used to like the old Jim Zumbo show too.

Most of these shows are promotions for bow or muzzleloader products or guide services. Most of us aren't going to shoot 150 class bucks very often, unless we want to shell out the big dollars and hunt these private ranches, whether low or high fence.